Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when you fix one thing something else always gets f#*ked up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when you fix one thing something else always gets f#*ked up...

Any ideas what this yellow crap is? I am sure it's not good.

Davey????

Re: when you fix one thing something else always gets f#*ked up...

water mixed with oil. My mk3 2L does that a bit.
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Water?

Edit: Stefan beat me to it.
      Last edited by Kona Bear; 02-04-2009, 05:51 PM.
      Mike
      '14 Toyota 4Runner SR5
      '04 Jetta Wagon 1.8T

Comment

if its on the cap your probably OK.. mine does it when its cold out because i don't drive far enough to get the motor hot enough to burn off condensation and it hits the cap..

Comment

lol, mine looks like that too.
          Jeff
          Current: 2017 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line
          Previous: 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line, 2001 VW Jetta

Comment

yea i changed my oil the few weeks back when it was super cold out and i took the cap off and saw that and started shitting my pants.. drained the oil thinking great milkshake is coming out and my motor is shot.. then the oil was fine. quick google and i was happy

Comment

H2O is a direct by product of combustion. When engine is not hot enough for long enough it will never burn off. Gotta drive your cars guys, goin to work or timmy's isnt enough.
              Back at 1518!!! Boo Ya!!!!!!

Comment

i had the same problem, google solved my worries

Comment

Originally posted by Volkstech01 View Post
                  H2O is a direct by product of combustion. When engine is not hot enough for long enough it will never burn off. Gotta drive your cars guys, goin to work or timmy's isnt enough.
                  yeah, which is why my car is clean, and the wife's is got the yellow crap in the cap . Mine gets to go to BC and stuff quite a lot, hers gets to go to Co-op.
                  Stefan
                  -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                  -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                  -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                  -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

thanks for all the input. I really don't drive my car other than to work so that's the problem for sure.

Comment

As long as you don't have a milkshake on your dipstick, you're all good.
                      I've seen failed oil cooler seals on the Porsches, the oil really does look like a chocolate milkshake when you check the dipstick. Time to get that fixed ASAP.

Another good indication that something is wrong is if your coolant level drops suddenly and drastically, and your oil level goes up.... Hmm, wonder how that happened. . .

The crap on the oil cap is totally normal, even a little on the top of the oil dipstick is nothing to worry about.
                      1990 Porsche 951
                      2013 Audi S4 6MT

Comment

Engine Snot Totally Normal.

Comment

blow its nose itl cure itself
                          sigpic

Comment

DRIVE YOUR CARS PEOPLE!!!!!!!! And remember, VW's and RPM's get along like flies on ****.
                            Back at 1518!!! Boo Ya!!!!!!

Comment

^^^ Are you saying it is fine to rev our vws?
                              Me and my gf are always in a battle. I drive her car i better shift at 3k or im in ****. i drive my car and let her slip up to 5 and she says im a idiot.
                              i always thought that i was a idiot but the sound was worth it....maybe she is wrong....fill me in.

Comment

Working...
                              X