Heartbroken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heartbroken

So I was out and about last night and met up with this guy who drove a Subaru WRX pretty cool guy so we talked for a while then decided to see what our cars could do against eachother....

We drove out to a deserted highway and lined up.....

1st: We line up, and launch.. I had a somewhat descent launch a little too much wheel spin.... but that damn WRX NONE.
    by the time i hooked up he was 2 car lenghts in front and keep going by the end as we reach about 140-160 he is a tleast 5-6 car lenghts in front of me

2nd: We do it again...this time I had a good launch but still no wheel spin from the WRX which is killin me.... he only beat me by about 3 car lenghts that time....

3rd: Rolling start.....20km matched and then jam on her.... i had him through first and a little of second then he started pullin on me.... I guess my turbo spool up is a lot quicker but then once his turbo spools he's gone.... only beat me again with about 2 car lenghts....

Long story short ... DAMN those Subarus are FAST.... they hook up almost instantly.... ahhh well i know now to not race em anymore.....
    Last edited by Holksvagon; 09-20-2003, 01:09 PM.
    Dale Willimus

Yeah there pretty damn fast. Pop in a stage 3 kit Dale! DO IT! lol.

QuA
    2008 BMW 135i | M Package | JB3 | DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust

Comment

hehehehe I wish but a WRX with a stage II will beat my GTI with a stage III
      Dale Willimus

Comment

All wheel drive - the new STI can beat corvettes, cameros, whatever in the 1/8th. You would win on a highway race if you went to 100 mph or so tho

WRX was on my list when I was shopping - it's nice but sitting inside it is nothing like the Jetta.

Khyron
        Geoff
        Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Yeah there hot little cars but the interior is lacking.

QuA
          2008 BMW 135i | M Package | JB3 | DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust

Comment

looks way to small inside..... i havent ridden in one but i think i'm going tho the Subaru dealer right now to take one for a rip
            Dale Willimus

Comment

i was gonna almost buy a STI wrx but didnt' want to wait or spend 50gs on a stupid subbie.. actually yesterday a guy in a STI gave me a thumbs up on shaganappi so i gave him one back..
              oh dale the thing about AWD cars too is you drop the clutch at 4gs and all 4 grip and you blast off where as we spin to hell..
              I agree that they are all out awesome performance cars but I would rather have something with some luxury/niceness to it.. S4 me thinks instead

Comment

i raced one back in brandon, had the most perfect launch and actually beat him out of the hole for the first 2 gears. he caught up in 3rd and passed me
                Simon

Comment

Or perhaps one of these....

Cheers...
                  Rob
                  Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
                  Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

No replacement for displacement. WRX or WRX STI got a 2.5 and you got the 1.8 engine. No need to feel sad on loosing with those Subie sushi. The people who drive those cars do not have the same culture like ours. To modify a 1.8T is way more cheaper and easier than a WRX. Subi do not have the top sales in the homeland but VW do.
                    “If you think your car is under control, you’re going slow.”

Comment

Hey guys definitley not sad but I was just amazed at fast those things hook up and go.... Even with a perfect launch there is no way u can take one in 2 gears.... not a WRX at least
                      Dale Willimus

Comment

Originally posted by Holksvagon
                        Hey guys definitley not sad but I was just amazed at fast those things hook up and go.... Even with a perfect launch there is no way u can take one in 2 gears.... not a WRX at least
                        i **** you not. you can ask my friend mike tomorrow at bud park. i think he was with me at the time (i think it was him anyway). but first gear i was ahead, second we were even, 3rd he pulled away.

i think it was the combination of a perfect launch for me, and a bad launch for him.
                        Simon

Comment

ya could be we drove for a while so my car was pretty HOT... plus I didnt have very good launch.... So ya i guess 1&2 would be close but 3 he would pull.....
                          Dale Willimus

Comment

oh, and this is right after i returned from the track. so i had my dad's TT wheels on (super light) and no backseats/spare tire
                            Simon

Comment

deuce that caddie is hot! today on motor trend TV i saw this new chrysler car that looks like a friggin bentley but only costs about 50gs here with a V8.. super super pimp ride..

oh back to the subbies.. yea unless were stage 3 we ain't beating them but hey they have crap for interior and we have over 50 years of heritage behind our cars not 15 :P

Comment

Working...
                              X