Northland screwing me over?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northland screwing me over?

hey guys i took my car in for warranty on thurs and i have a burnt out passenger high beam and my indicator for high beams doesnt work either....they said somebody tried to modify the passenger headlight harness and warrany wont cover it....i bought my car used. i am goign to call the guy to see if he did anything. so they tried to fix it for 2 hrs at $85/hr and found nothing!!! i am so pissed now.
    Al
    Hitler Built My Hotrod

Ahhhh raw deal dude......
    Dale Willimus

Comment

What a full load of BS from NLand. Try to replace the fuse.
      “If you think your car is under control, you’re going slow.”

Comment

I would lose it on them... you paid $190 for nothing? Thats a load and a half. Remember, if you make a scene they'll be nicer to you
        Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

Yeah thats basically what they did to me. They charge you by the hour then they don't actually fix the problem. They shouldn't charge you if they can't fix it.

I would just try somewhere else. Go to SCFC or 5th Ave and just tell them what happened and ask if they will look at it.
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

kor did u pay the bill? what should i do?
            Al
            Hitler Built My Hotrod

Comment

Don't let them say anything -- get them to replace it -- no questions asked.

Peter

Comment

peter what do u mean?
                Al
                Hitler Built My Hotrod

Comment

First don't get me wrong... if it is under warranty it should be free and personaly I would push them on that. They should prove to you why they feel it is not covered.

If there is a legit reason that the warranty is voided or does not apply here is my probably wasting time rant :mrlaugh:

begin rant

If you spent 2 hours of your time diagnosing a problem wouldn't you charge for it? If you go to a doctor with a pain and he couldn't fix it on the first visit does that mean he doesn't get paid? Heck no!!

As long as they actually did two hours of "legit diagnosis" you got what you paid for. Even if it turns out to be something simple, there are a million "simple" things that could be wrong with a lighting system. But for the techs, they have to start somewhere if it isn't obvious. Usually at the light and then working back to the panel and then switch. That takes time.

No business person in their right mind would do hours of free diagnosis and then only charge for the actual fix in the end. Could you imagine 10 hours of work and then charging 5 bucks for a new fuse including labour? You would be out of business so fast. :mrscrewy:

end rant
                  2002 VW Passat Variant -SOLD - Needed to go back to a truck...!

Comment

In my case, I told them to call me with an estimate if they were not going to put it on warranty. They charged me 1 hour anyway, and I never got a call and they did not fix it. Diagnosis should ALWAYS be under warranty in my opinion.

In any case, I don't see how they can't fix EVERY problem I mean they are the bloody dealership.

Anyway I paid but I don't really want to go back...
                    KR
                    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Northland sucks, IMO.

When I bought my car it had a small door ding in one of the rear doors that Northland had agreed to have repaired when the previous owner bought a few months earlier. We (the seller and myself) thought it would be a non-issue since it was in his sales contract and Northland was a well known dealer.

They made up a big story about how any damages that might occur wouldn't be covered by insurance if they fixed it after the sale (to me). They made the seller feel like he was being fraudulent in some way.

They could have easily paid the $60 to have it fixed (like they originally agreed to) and made me a customer, but instead acted like jerks. I'm glad I found out about them on such a minor issue.

Not a good way to do business if you ask me...
                      Vorsprung durch Technik

Comment

Yikes! That's some bad news. Sorry to hear that. NL doesn't completely suck though. However, about 80% of their service managers do.

Some of you may remember I had that noise in my car coming out of the front passenger side engine bay. I posted the video a while ago. Anyway, I took it to NL after I figured out what the noise was myself. It was actually my lower intercooler pipe. The one that passes through the front passenger fender. I thought that I would get the dealership to repair it under warranty. So I take the vehicle in and get a ride home. A few hours later (~7pm) I call back and ask how things are going and the service manger tells me that they made a call to VW of Canada to see if the intercooler could be replaced under warranty and that they had to track a part from somewhere else to install it. The service manager tells me to leave the car there over night or make another appointment 'cuz the work would take several hours. I chose the latter and weeks later, I made an appointment to get the noise fixed. To make an already long story short, the manger gave me a line. They didn't even get the car up on the hoist the first time. And guess what it was. It was a damn hose clamp rattling on a washer!! GdamnMFer!! 10 min max!? and no new part under warranty and about 10 hours of missed work to boot!

Rob (I think that was his name) the VW SERVICE MANAGER SUCKS!!! Stay away from the guy with lisp. He lies. The parts dood, he's sorta go the spikey dirty blond hair. I think he's the gopher or something. He's sometimes in the parts dept, sometimes in the service area. He lies too. He's the one who told me that they had to get part from their body shop or something. Mark (I think that's his name - the smallest service dood) has been good so far. Really polite and courteous. He told me that if you want service faster tell them you are gonna stick around for the work. They put you in a different que. The tech I've been dealing with is . He's super cool with the mods. He's a younger dood and he owns a 20AE.

Anyone else know who to go to at NL?

PS:golf2.0t, were you there around 4ish? I you were, I think I saw your car.
                        Last edited by 1.8Trip; 09-19-2003, 10:05 PM.
                        Neil
                        '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

whenever i go in for warranty work, i always give them my valet key, if from now on "I" feel it should be under warranty, and they want to charge me for anything, i will simply take my folding key out of my pocket and drive away to chinook, get a valet key cut, and try another dealership.

as for my recent NL experience, no problems here, except for not getting a rental due to me being U21.
                          2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                          2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

no neil i was there around 7pm on thurs....i gotta go in tomorrow and lose it on them!
                            Al
                            Hitler Built My Hotrod

Comment

Coo... You snap! You lose it. Give 'em a flurry to the solarplexus! j/k. You will make them look a whole lot more stupid if you keep your cool (you will have a better chance of getting what you want in the end too) and say stuff that shows them that you know what you're talking about. The service managers know nothing about cars. Don't let them push you around and don't let some of them sneaky SOB service mangers give you some line to get you off their back. Esp. the guy with the lithp
                              Neil
                              '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

Working...
                              X