Does this sound familiar???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this sound familiar???

I went to go and start my GTI this morning and it started pretty rough and was idling pretty rough. The little transmission light came on, and it was emitting a smell similar to sulpher/raw sewage fromt he exhaust. Anyone knows whats going on???
    2004 Nissan Murano

2006 BMW 330i, 6 -speed, Sparkling Graphite, Sport package, Premium package

umm rotten egg smell is a bad cat i think.. or its the 02 sensor i forget..

Comment

I don't aware of the tranny light in VW. Do you think if that is the Check Engine Light instead of tranny light?
      “If you think your car is under control, you’re going slow.”

Comment

Did the engine smooth out after a minute?
        2002 VW Passat Variant -SOLD - Needed to go back to a truck...!

Comment

Volinder bro... I don't thinkVolkswagens have a tranny light...

Have you been drinking? :mrsly: :mrlaugh:

Peter

Comment

Check the pwners manual? They have a lot of stuff in there. Or get the club VAG-COM and check it for codes.
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Oh... I'm dumb... your coilpacks are gone... one of them at least.

That "tranny" looking light is the engine light. lol

Peter

Comment

Coil packs? - possible but if the rough idle went away it is not as likely. When they go, they usually go and the car get's nasty and does stink. Unfortunately I've had experience with it.
                2002 VW Passat Variant -SOLD - Needed to go back to a truck...!

Comment

Originally posted by mountainpete
                  Coil packs? - possible but if the rough idle went away it is not as likely. When they go, they usually go and the car get's nasty and does stink. Unfortunately I've had experience with it.
                  Volinder did not report that that smell/sound/vehicle actions went away -- my guess is coilpacks.

Peter

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for your help. The troubles haven't gone away, yes peter you are right, my little tranny light is the CEL, and i phoned the dealership, they're confident it is my coilpacks.
                    2004 Nissan Murano

Comment

Right Yoda again is!

Comment

lol damn Yoda!

QuA
                        2008 BMW 135i | M Package | JB3 | DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust

Comment

Well, I got my coilpacks replaced, but guess what happened at the dealership. As they were taking my car into their garage, the right passenger window fell. Yup, you guessed it, the window regulator went. Luckily it happened right in front of them.
                          2004 Nissan Murano

Comment

your car is jinxed my friend. better hurry up and mod the A4
                            Simon

Comment

Working...
                            X