Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vagcom Tiptronic Modes?

Saw this on club18t:

You can also recode the transmission with a Vag Com. When you recode the transmission, the there are three modes: we'll call them stock mode, sport mode, and sport mode #2. To get the car in sport mode, you have to press the accelearte past the kickdown point. Stock mode basically learns your driving style and adjusts itself to what it thinks you want. In stock mode if you press to the kick down point the car drops into the lowest available gear and enters sport mode until the TCU thinks you dont want to drive sporty anymore then goes back to lazy grandma shifts. IMHO the stock learning is gay because its not fast enough. It takes too long for the TCU to say "hey looks like he wants to drive sprited" and its too quick to put you back in grandma shift mode.

Stock mode:
    -Better gas milage by like 0.5-1.0 MPG
    -Nice sloppy shift (takes a while) for better gas milage

Sport Mode:
    -Firm, rigid, more precise shifting
    -Quicker shifting
    -Less time for slippage so the fluid doesnt heat up as much
    .....-every automatic transmission slips towards teh higher RPMs; thats why there is tranny fluid... to keep the gears from grinding

Sport Mode #2:
    -Same as first sport mode but hold 1st gear longer if your tiptronic doesn't hold first gear (like in the S4)

The Sport Mode is so noticable and definately shifts faster! Great mod to do IMO.

To recode, attach the vagcom to your car, click on Transmission, select your car and click Recode.

Remember your stock code in case you want to go back. Mine was 0066, I believe.

Sport Mode - 00032
    Sport Mode #2 - 00022
    2008 BMW 135i | M Package | JB3 | DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust

Lets try this out!

Comment

hehe sounds great.. next service i gotta test drive a TIP out for fun.. i wanna see what its like compared to acuras tippys

Comment

Mike,

Do you notice alot of difference in your car for everyday driving? I notice in my tip when its in stock mode I get alot of sloppy shifts, does this mode eliminate those completely?
        Bryce

2002 Jetta 1.8T Baltic Green Tiptronic
        APR 91, Carbonio CAI, Samco TIH, 2.5" Brullen Turbo-back, ABD Lower Intercooler Pipe, Forge 007 DV

Comment

Im not sure if it will get rid of it. Most likely not. There will always be a delay with Tiptronic, until they release a TCU chip for Hitachi TCU on Golfs/Jettas. The motor mounts helped with the jerkiness in shifting but be warned.... its shakes like a mofo when stopped and in drive.

QuA

Comment

I know this may sound like a plug but..

http://board.torquesteer.com/index.php?showforum=10

It is a VAG-Com help and support forum where some of people that work for Ross-tech regularly work. We just changed forum software, so it is bare right now, I wish we could transfer over all the posts, but it just wasn't smart to do since we were using custom programmed software prior to the change. Hopefully this will help you out a bit, you can get in touch directly with the VAG people, who by the way are awesome!

Anytime you call Ross-Tech, you probably will be talking to Andy, tell him Eugene @ Torquesteer said hi!
            http://www.lewisvillehigh.com/pictur...ckenbaksig.jpg
            <a href="http://www.torquesteer.com">Torquesteer</a>

Comment

Working...
            X