Painting tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting tires

So I'm looking to have my wheels painted. Was wondering if anyone knew any good, trustworthy places that charge a fair price.
    Last edited by VolksGLI; 08-06-2008, 06:17 PM.

Re: Painting tires

http://www.usedcalgary.com/classified-ad/6645370

never used them, just FYI
    Now: 00 2dr Golf TDI, 03 Jetta Wagon TDI, 02 2500HD Duramax
    Then: 69 SC Transporter, 84 Rabbit GTI, 87 Fox GL, 91 Golf IDI, 96 Passat Wagon TDI, 97 Jetta IDI
    "Everything I save by driving diesel I put back due to poor German engineering and crappy Mexican workmanship!"

Comment

I think it is better to remove the tires on all accounts. Do a search, there is a mobile guy that comes highly rated. You will also find many reasons not to go to Alberta wheel repair.
      Name: Brent
      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
        I think it is better to remove the tires on all accounts. Do a search, there is a mobile guy that comes highly rated. You will also find many reasons not to go to Alberta wheel repair.
        Nah I have heard terrible things about that place. I think they charge $250 to paint a wheel, may as well get new wheels for that price.

$400 for all 4 sounds like a great deal thanks Rico I'm gonna give them a look see.

Comment

I had 4 wheels done at AWR, they did them is a reasonable time for $120 a wheel. There is also the mobile guy:

http://www.mobilewheelrepair.com/usa...s_alberta.html

see this thread:
          http://www.eurodrivers.ca/forums/sho...t=wheel+repair

Comment

I got my wheels repainted at Alberta Wheel Repair and have no complaints. Turn around was quick and price was reasonable.
            Tyler

vinylappeal.com

Comment

get them powdercoated. i found it much stronger. my painted wheels clear coat did not make it through one winter of hitting the slopes around here

Comment

just do it yourself, i recently did mine and they came out great

here is a link that you can use as a guideline, the paint they used is very durable and even stronger if you bake it:
                http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/exter...curb-rash.html

Comment

Wow those actually turned out pretty good. I have been thinking about redoing the rims for the Van in the winter and that might be a good start.
                  Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

what color you looking at painting them?
                    Art || Tornado Red Jetta GLI

Comment

Im doing this to them. Black but leaving the center VW caps silver.

Comment

OMG! don't ruin RCs! Sell them to me!

Comment

I have to say I wouldn't like the look, especially not on grey but to each their own.
                          If you must do it though do it right and get them powder coated, doing a rims Santex black should be really cheap since almost all black is done that colour.

Comment

+1 for powdercoating. I've heard good things about Top Gun hear in Calgary

http://www.topguncoatings.com/
                            Mike
                            '14 Toyota 4Runner SR5
                            '04 Jetta Wagon 1.8T

Comment

Really? Black?

Comment

Working...
                              X