Headlights or Tunes- MK4 Jetta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlights or Tunes- MK4 Jetta

Today I was driving and out of no where the radio cut out. I tried all the basics like turning it up, on/off, etc and nothing.

I got home shut the car off and the audio kicked in. I didn't think much of it until I got in again and again no audio. When I got out there was audio. I screwed around with the light switch to realize that when I shut the lights off I get audio and when they are on I get no audio. I tried changing the switch and same thing happens. What is really weird is if I have the lights on and flick on just the high beams I get audio.

Does anyone have a remote suggestion what to look for based on this vague description.

Re: Headlights or Tunes- MK4 Jetta

Is it an aftermarket radio?

Comment

It could be your ignition switch. your car will continue to run (engine) but many of the items on the acc. circuit will cut out. try wiggling the key around in the column to see it this triggers the lights/radio to turn on/off.
      Last edited by 62degVR6; 07-25-2008, 10:14 AM.
      2003 Jetta GLI VR6

Comment

Originally posted by TDI DUB View Post
        Is it an aftermarket radio?
        Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by 62degVR6 View Post
          It could be your ignition switch. your car will continue to run (engine) but many of the items on the acc. circuit will cut out. try wiggling the key around in the column to see it this triggers the lights/radio to turn on/off.
          The lights in the temperature control panel have also been acting weird over the past month, as in cutting in and out.

Comment

Seems weird that it would just happen out of nowhere.

Did you hit a bump in the road or something that could have shaken the ignition switch at the time it happened?
            Chris W.
            '99 Wolfsburg Golf - Mk3 - 2.0L

Comment

What was it ??????
              2003 Jetta GLI VR6

Comment

Working...
              X