32000km service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32000km service

$480 wow, anyone else have anything to say??

Re: 32000km service

Yes, what engine and what is involved in the service? Man you should see the 320000km service.
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

it's a 07 gti, haha thought that was on my user side.

at 320000, i've seen that in my first car a 84 honda prelude. i just filled it with oil when it needed and let her run. eventually the clutch gave up but would grab when i had to stop so i dorve for 2-3 months with no clutch. i miss that car

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
        $480 wow, anyone else have anything to say??
        Ouch... my 32,000 km service was $223.32.

However, after just getting my 56,000 km service a week ago... I've now noticed a leak under my engine compartment on my garage floor. I've been watching the oil level with acute attention. I'm thinking the drain plug isn't on tight enough? Does that make sense? Anyone else have a leaky car just after an oil change? Is something overfilled perhaps?

Help!

(Oh yeah... SouthCentre... Grrrrr... )
        Rob
        Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
        Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

as for what get's done at this service i know for sure the oil get's changed, 2 filters are changed and tires rotated. i assume they do a inspection.

maybe i'll just buy the filters from them and do that and the tire rotation myself. does that sound like a good idea??
          Last edited by danno; 07-15-2008, 06:58 PM.

Comment

well labour is about $120 an hour, so say 3 hours labour plus parts. Ya that seems very high to change the oil and I am guessing cabin and air filters.
            Name: Brent
            His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
            Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
            Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Smart services alternate between $300 & $400 every 8,000 kms.
              Blair
              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
                Smart services alternate between $300 & $400 every 8,000 kms.
                what makes it that high?
                Stefan
                -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Not sure, done at a Mercedes dealer perhaps??
                  Blair
                  Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
                    Ouch... my 32,000 km service was $223.32.

However, after just getting my 56,000 km service a week ago... I've now noticed a leak under my engine compartment on my garage floor. I've been watching the oil level with acute attention. I'm thinking the drain plug isn't on tight enough? Does that make sense? Anyone else have a leaky car just after an oil change? Is something overfilled perhaps?

Help!

(Oh yeah... SouthCentre... Grrrrr... )
                    Maybe they forgot to put the washer on?
                    Originally posted by RedMile
                    Don't bug the receiver though, he's far to busy to help you out.
                    Originally posted by Smarty39
                    haha, thanks man...I take it you're the receiver lol?

Comment

That is just a foolish waste of money....Learn to basic maintenance yourself and save $$$
                      2004 VW Jetta TDI Sport

Comment

pretty sure i'll just get the oil changed and inspection done, do the rest myself

Comment

what about tunedub? check his price?
                          Stefan
                          -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                          -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                          -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                          -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

synthetic oil change, cabin/air filters, brake fluid flush, tire rotation, fuel filter (TDI), inspection and complete vehicle scan, reset service lamp. don't you read what you paid for?
                            you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

havn't got it done yet, just interested to see what everyone else thinks about it. and yes i thought about tunedub since i've heard really good things about him but i need a something checked under warrenty so i have to go there anyways.

i have no problem paying 500 bucks if something really get's done, but it's really just a oil change and filters. but on the other side i don't have the tools to read the computer, and they are professionals. (at least supposed to be).

i guess it's the same when i go change a light fixture and it costs them $150 for me to change it over, when it only takes me a half hour. it just sucks paying for car maintance, i want my car in the best condition possible with as low as a cost to me to keep it that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X