Spacers, bolts, where at? (searched)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spacers, bolts, where at? (searched)

I'm getting 215/40/18 Pirelli Pzero Nero's on Wednesday to put on my 18x8 Miro 279 LM Replicas.

I heard 8mm in the front 15mm in the back is good? The offset is 35, do I have the right amount of spacing?

Also, Where does one buy ball seat bolts + spacers? Concept-1 has lost my business because I did not enjoy their service when I was there last. That being said does Harper's Tire sell this equipment or should I get it online(Going there to get tires mounted there)? I'm sure Tunerworks should have some stuff.

Any input would be great, anyone with experience with this please feel free to chime in!

Thanks in advance

Here is my car on stock 16 inch wheels.
    Last edited by calgarydub; 06-02-2008, 10:03 PM.

Re: Spacers, bolts, where at? (searched)

i just purchased spacers and bolts at autobahn performance. great service, and awesome people to deal with. But it's in edmonton

Comment

hmm, can you tell me more of what size spacers/wheels you have?

Comment

Bob @ Urban (769-1771) or Alex @ Matrix Motorsports (265-5000)
        Don't Panic, I'm Hispanic

Comment

Thanks popp, I guess I should have thought of those places. I suppose I will call Bob and see if he can do the spacers as well as mount my tires.

Will adding spacers myself after I have have Bob put the wheels on affect the balance/alignment of the wheels?

Comment

Harpers could probably have hooked you up as you surmised, and tirebob as well.
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by calgarydub View Post
              Will adding spacers myself after I have have Bob put the wheels on affect the balance/alignment of the wheels?
              If your talking about 3-8mm spacers then no. If your talking about a "bolt-on" style spacer (1/2"+) then yes. We mount the spacer to the wheel while balancing for better results.........
              Don't Panic, I'm Hispanic

Comment

I have some extra Ball Seat Bolts that are 15mm longer, I bought a whole set and only needed them for the rear, PM me if your interested. 20 bolts - $30

Comment

So I called Urban Expressions, I will probably make an appointment tomorrow he was having some difficulties with his equipment.

I was told that he doesn't carry spacers over 3mm, hmm.. concept-1 is whack, and ECStuning.com is constantly back ordered. I will give harpers a call, or else I might have to do a run to Edmonton and pick some up.

Comment

i have 25mm spacers in the back, on DE wheels, 15s, 43offset on a mk3 gti
                    its a custom spacer, uses longer bolts, hubcentric

anything else?

Comment

Originally posted by seevik View Post
                      i have 25mm spacers in the back, on DE wheels, 15s, 43offset on a mk3 gti
                      its a custom spacer, uses longer bolts, hubcentric

anything else?
                      That should cover it, thanks!

I think I will just order some H&R spacers online from www.achtuning.com or if someone wants to recommend some Canadian places that do online shopping, that'd be great. I will post up what happens when I get them on the car.

Thanks

Comment

I have 8 and 15 on my car, and a spare set of 8 H&R if you are still looking for spacers. I bought the 15mm from ECS.
                        Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
                        hers - '06 A4 S-line Avant
                        sigpic

Comment

I will let you know about the spacers Friday afternoon after I take my wheels to Urban expression and have the tires mounted, I may be able to make them work without spacing.

Here are some pictures, will I need to have my fenders rolled??? Am I TOO low??? Looks like some scary rubbing!

Front

Back

By the way:

Harper's Tire:
                          Mounting 215/40/18 on 18x8 wheels all good to go = $178.50

Urban Expressions:
                          Mounting 215/40/18 on 18x8 wheels = $100 +/- a couple bucks + valve stems
                          Last edited by calgarydub; 06-04-2008, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X