Caliper Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caliper Tool

Does anyone know the cost of the caliper tool for the rear calipers on an MKIV? Or better yet if anywhere in town rents them? I don't really feel like owning a tool I'll probably only use 2x (once per side )

Re: Caliper Tool

Rented it for free at Canadian Tire. They allow you to use it for a week. The Dalhousie one "lost" theirs...
    Dan

Comment

Anyone have a link to a decent multi-style one? I've never used any but I wouldn't mind one for both the Jetta and the old supra (brakes seem to last forever for me).
      Geoff
      Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Bought one off Snap-On. Cant remember the price $150 i think Comes with a whole bunch of different fittments though, Ill look tomorrow and get the part # really handy kit to have tho..
        12 Volvo XC 90
        03 Jetta1.8T
        95 Cabrio VRT
        90 G60 Corrado

Colleen at 403-819-0132 or colleen@brayco.ca for all your mortgage needs.

Comment

Anyone have a link to a decent multi-style one? I've never used any but I wouldn't mind one for both the Jetta and the old supra (brakes seem to last forever for me)
          Here is the money shot, Awesome kit , as Lars stated. 229 cdn
          http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....da&dir=catalog
          2003 Jetta GLI VR6

Comment

ECStuning has one for $49 IIRC plus shipping. Took me 5 years to need the rear brakes changed so its a bad investment.
            Dan

Comment

The only rear brake tool you will need http://www.metalnerd.com/cat08.htm You can buy it in Canada from Roseland Technical Services
              Name: Brent
              His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
              Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
              Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
                The only rear brake tool you will need http://www.metalnerd.com/cat08.htm You can buy it in Canada from Roseland Technical Services
                Ah that's the one I remember seeing! But it's only for VAG so I'd still need to go to Princess for a generic?
                Geoff

Comment

i have 2 here if you want to borrow one.

Comment

Originally posted by Khyron View Post
                    Ah that's the one I remember seeing! But it's only for VAG so I'd still need to go to Princess for a generic?
                    Looked at the kit and it says that it will fit MOST toyotas, if you need it I rent it out for a case of beer !
                    12 Volvo XC 90
                    03 Jetta1.8T
                    95 Cabrio VRT
                    90 G60 Corrado

Colleen at 403-819-0132 or colleen@brayco.ca for all your mortgage needs.

Comment

I've got one if you need to borrow it.
                      Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
                      You dig sucka?!

Comment

Originally posted by Volkstech View Post
                        I've got one if you need to borrow it.
                        Thanks for the offers everyone! Dave - remember when you did that brake flush for me and I said it was still the original set? It's STILL the same set (110K). Still on the original clutch too. And I did 2 winter autoXs this season... It's crazy how long they seem to last.

But I did buy another slightly used set of oem rots and pads for 20 bucks last year for when these finally give up the ghost. Maybe we'll send em back to VW for analysis.
                        Geoff

Comment

Working...
                        X