Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scangauge

Originally posted by Red90 View Post

The site listed above is IN CANADA..... He (Brian) is a very well respected CANADIAN parts supplier. There are no hidden fees, $165 shipped to your door in Canadian dollars........

Please spend two minutes RESEARCHING before bashing a great Canadian supplier.
    Woh now......... I never bashed ANY Canadian Supplier. I don't have time to read every post on forums and I just assumed this was comming from the states, my bad. I'm not telling anyone to buy from me, I'm just stating that I have and can get them.

Local = sometimes a little more $ but instant warranty if needed.
    Non-Local = sometimes cheaper parts, but some hassles with warranty. (Hassles meaning shipping out of pocket plus wait times)

I don't see anything in my previous posts that "Bash" any Canadian Suppliers........
    Last edited by popp; 05-26-2008, 02:35 PM.
    Don't Panic, I'm Hispanic

Comment

Originally posted by popp View Post
      I don't see anything in my previous posts that "Bash" any Canadian Suppliers........
      Sure, you said there would be hidden cost. You did not say there MIGHT be, you said there WOULD be.

but I guarantee you will get at least a $30-50 brokerage fee a few weeks later......
      This is directly misleading people about another vendor.

Comment

Originally posted by Red90 View Post
        Sure, you said there would be hidden cost. You did not say there MIGHT be, you said there WOULD be.

This is directly misleading people about another vendor.
        I SAID IF IT WAS FROM THE STATES THERE WOULD BE BROKERAGE FEES......IF YOU RESEARCHED, YOU'D FIND THAT SHIPPING WITHIN CANADA DOES NOT HAVE BROKERAGE FEES, SO THERE IS NO WAY I COULD HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT A CANADIAN SITE!

I THINK YOU'VE STATED YOUR POINT THAT YOU LIKE (BRIAN) FROM THE ABOVE SITE AND THAT BEING SAID YOU SHOULD BUY EVERYTHING FROM HIM. I'M LETTING EVERYONE ELSE KNOW THAT IF THEY WOULD LIKE A SCANGAUGE BOUGHT LOCALLY IN CALGARY, THEN I HAVE THEM.
        Last edited by popp; 05-26-2008, 09:23 PM.

Comment

sorry about caps lock folks......posted from work

Comment

Our list price as per Scangauge Candian pricing is $290. I can do it for $220 for Eurodrivers. I know it's more then buying it from the states however you'd have local warranty with us. The site listed above might ship for free, but I guarantee you will get at least a $30-50 brokerage fee a few weeks later......

I have one in stock and can get more within 24hrs of ordering more
            Meet his price and you will get some sales off this thread I bet...if not then nobody is interested in hearing from you. Sorry if that seems harsh but you have to be competitive if you want to sell online.
            Last edited by Vulcan; 05-26-2008, 09:43 PM.
            2004 VW Jetta TDI Sport

Comment

true but his list price is actually lower then my cost.......it makes a difference when I order 1-2 at a time and he probably orders 100's (that's a guess). Not harsh, just business. Thats why American prices are so much lower, they supply for 300+ million people, we in Canada supply for 33 Million people..........costco is cheap cause you buy in bulk, same goes for everything else in the world. A 300lbs hooker is cheaper then an 85lbs hooker thus proving the power of bulk buying!

Again, I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but I'm not in anyway trying to earn anyones business, I'm just stating that I have and can get these locally. Some people like that and will pay a little more for the convenience. If you buy great, if not the next guy will.
              Last edited by popp; 05-26-2008, 10:15 PM.

Comment

IF YOU RESEARCHED, YOU'D FIND THAT SHIPPING WITHIN CANADA DOES NOT HAVE BROKERAGE FEES....

I may just have purchased one or two......thousand things that have been shipped to me and just may have an understanding of shipping costs......

Regardless.... nobody is going to spend $220 to get it from you, when they can get it from Roseland in three days for $165. Other than the cost, Roseland has an outstanding reputation. Nobody even knows who you are.... The fact that you had no idea about Roseland indicates you have very knowledge in the VW scene.

Comment

Please keep this topic about Scangauge units and no more price seller bickering please.
                  Blair
                  Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

the actual manufacturer states that any duty will be minimal.
                    Now: 00 2dr Golf TDI, 03 Jetta Wagon TDI, 02 2500HD Duramax
                    Then: 69 SC Transporter, 84 Rabbit GTI, 87 Fox GL, 91 Golf IDI, 96 Passat Wagon TDI, 97 Jetta IDI
                    "Everything I save by driving diesel I put back due to poor German engineering and crappy Mexican workmanship!"

Comment

Working...
                    X