Should i still mod/Chip the car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should i still mod/Chip the car?

Hi all, If my car has about 56000km on it already, does it worth the money to chip the car or even bolt on a turbo kit? i have a Jetta 2.0T 6 Speed in good condition..

Thanks!

Re: Should i still mod/Chip the car?

I bought my Jetta when it was at 82000kms on it, I didnt start modding it till about 100000kms. I would if I was you. It doesnt really make a difference. 56000kms is still pretty low, you should have tons of life left on the car
    -Drew
    2001 "BORA" GLS 1.8T
    1990 Lincoln Continental

Comment

Mod

Comment

56k lol your prime
        02 GTI
        Jared

Comment

yeah im at something like 77000kms on my 1.8t and im still gonna mod it, as long as you maintain it i think your good
          sigpic

Comment

i didnt start till 100k and its alll good
            02 GTI
            Jared

Comment

I just chipped today!!! Only got the 91 octane because I, unlike some, don't care to drive around town to get 93 octane for 8 more hp...

Anyways, i have 71,000km

got a TBE today too, but not on the car yet!

GO AND GET IT DONE!

Comment

Get'er Done I'm just starting to mod at 74 000, plus its a mk5 it's newer than half of the most heavily modded VW's out there
                2003 Jetta GLI VR6

Comment

plus if you have a 2.0t how can you go wrong with this

Comment

I was looking at a package deal for modding, since i have no clue as to how to complement each upgrades. The best route for me might be a Turbo Kit? I have looked around and found the APR/AWE ones are most complete.. They have 2 that caught my eye:

1. APR - S3 conversion - $5k+ 91 Octane - 320Hp / 320lb/ft (Wheel?)
                    2. APR - Stage 3 kit - $7K+ 91 Octane - 374Hp / 324lb/ft (Wheel?)
                    3. AWE - K04 Turbo Kit - $45K ?octane - 350Hp / 363lb/ft (Crank)

I think i need to get the cat back exhaust for these upgrade to work.

does anyone know if i need to buy any other additional upgrades to get these figures? The reason why i ask is because if the above comes with say, a chipped program or an intake, then i do not need to buy extra.

thanks.

Comment

usually thats crank #s they post and you would want the full turbo back exhaust to get the best from it..
                      Last edited by R_Ethug; 05-10-2008, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X