O2 engine codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O2 engine codes

Does anyone with a VR6 make ant sense of these codes?
    I figure at the very least I have a toasted O2 sensor but I think the engine is burning oil too and am not sure if that is connected.

chassis Type: 70 - VW Transporter
    Scan: 01 02 03 15 22 25

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 01: Engine Labels: 021-906-259.LBL
    Part No: 021 906 259 P
    Component: MOTRONIC M5.9 AT V03
    Coding: 00001
    Shop #: WSC 02744

3 Faults Found:
    16518 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: No Activity
    P0134 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
    16517 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Response too Slow
    P0133 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
    17883 - EVAP Leak Detection Pump: Malfunction / No Signal
    P1475 - 35-00 - -
    Readiness: 0000 0000
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Re: O2 engine codes

My man, looks like you need a new O2 sensor. It's lazier than Chris on the family guy. As for the evap fault, Your readiness code is created so I wouldn't worry so much unless the fault comes back then you'll have to check the evap pump.
    Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
    You dig sucka?!

Comment

I figured at the very least it is a bad O2, I have to check the oil again but I think it maybe burning oil although if it was a bad head there would be some power loss and a heck of a lot more smoke. Do O2 sensors just suddenly die when starting up, as the code supposedly showed up when starting it Saturday morning. I believe S1 is before the cat too right?
      Edit: Learning about gas engines sucks, been dealing with diesels for way too long.
      Last edited by Stonewall; 05-07-2008, 07:49 PM.
      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

O2 sensors have a lifespan not like other sensors that could last the life of the vehicle. The O2 sensors are in the exhaust stream (you know that) and are subject to the crap your engine throws at it. O2 sensors are routinely replaced in some states due to emission laws.

Good stuff here. http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question257.htm
        Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
        You dig sucka?!

Comment

Thanks for the link I love to learn how stuff works. Like last night I learned how mk4 wipers can seize up lol I just expected the sensor to die during driving not startup, ohh well hopefully that is all that is wrong. I am going to do a big order of parts from the states this weekend so it anyone needs anything let me know.

Comment

Working...
          X