Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey I have a 2003 GTI VR6. I'm looking at someways to get more power. I know a turbo or supercharger is the best way to go, but i don't got that kind of cash. I'd like to turbo mine though cause that would be sick. But for now i'll have to do something else. Can anyone help me with some info to get more horsepower?

Thanks
    MIKE
    '03 GTi VR6

Re: Newbie

you can chip your 24v vr6 for a bit of power

oooorrrrr

http://hpamotorsports.com/

Comment

yea i've been looking at lots of chips but i'll only get maybe 6-12 horsepower increase.
      What do you know about the Upsolute chips? Thats what i've been looking at
      MIKE
      '03 GTi VR6

Comment

On your VR6 you would probably get a little more power with an exhaust and a chip/flash, then for a little more money, a hot camshaft too. If you can find a kit that offers all three (chip, exhaust, and cam) then you'll be in good shape, since the programming will probably be made to take advantage of both.

Nothing else is going to really help you, this is the least you can spend. A chip alone on a VR6 doesn't do much for sure, thats just life.

Here's the thing though, an exhaust, plus chip, plus cams, probably cost you 3k, plus installation. Thats about where some of the stage 1 turbo and SC kits start.

If you want to be faster from a stop, getting summer tires will help.

Or take some weight out, leave your spare tire in the garage.

Or just sell your car, buy one with a 1.8T and then you have some more options.
        Last edited by Kor; 04-28-2008, 09:59 PM.
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

the only problem is that u can spend money on a chip, intake, exhaust and some other goodies but ur not gonna see a big improvement, really the only way to go is s/c or turbo, your almost better off saving up a few grand and then putting some sort of forced induction system together instead of spending the grand or 2 on intakes exhausts chips pulleys and other things like that
          sigpic

<<<Ben>>>

Present:
          His: 2008 Cayenne Turbo
          Hers: 2012 Ibis White Q5
          Past:
          B7 A4 Avant 6MT Black
          B7 A4 Avant 6MT Silver
          2004 .:R32 BMP
          2001.5 Noggy blue s4
          2000 VW GTI 1.8T
          1997 VW Jetta VR6

Comment

Right here!! best bang or the $$$$$

http://www.vf-engineering.com/
            2003 Jetta GLI VR6

Comment

don't nickle and dime it early on for small gains. Save your money and invest in a decent supercharger, you'll be glad you did.

Comment

Working...
              X