Stereo swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo swap

So i have a jetta im trying to sell right now and it has the monsoon system in it, and i love it, it sounds great.

I have a GTI that USE to have a monsoon system in it, but the phucker before me swapped them for crappy type s speakers and it sounds like ass.

I was curious how hard would it be to transfer the monsoon speakers and tweaters from the jetta to the GTI? Will they fit the same?

And i am worried about things like removing the door panels, and hopefully not breaking anything. Just a thought i had. I cant take my system in my GTI any longer.
    sigpic

Re: Stereo swap

Don't use monsoon speakers with a aftermarket deck etc as they are a weird impedance (like 6 ohm). If I where you I would just go buy new speakers or check the speaker settings.
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Well i have an aftermarket deck in my jetta with the monsoon and it works and sounds great. I could go after market but im going to need to put out alot of cash to make it sounds as good i think.
      sigpic

Comment

Also, if its a monsoon system (GTI) right now has type s speakers and a shitty deck. Would a non monsoon double din deck work with the system if i did switch it over?
        sigpic

Comment

going to give this a bump to see if there is any more advice for me
          sigpic

Comment

i have type s components, and they sound pretty good. They almost need a pre-amp though. If you have a low powered head unit, they won't perform well. Their RMS is probably higher then the max output of your deck. IMO, they are decent speakers though.
            Sounds like from what brent says, you dont want to go monsoon deck and after market speakers, or vise versa.
            Stefan
            -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
            -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
            -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
            -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

The type s speakers are hooked up to an rockford amp. They have zero bass and sound like ass. Either they are wired wrong or they are blown lol.

My Jetta how ever has the monsoon system with a after market alpine deck and it seems to work and sound great. Was hoping for the same results but just need some opinions or ideas. Thanks guys
              sigpic

Comment

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/prodde...1&catid=20136#

Nice double din for 449- on sale this week

Comment

Originally posted by The_Stig View Post
                  The type s speakers are hooked up to an rockford amp. They have zero bass and sound like ass. Either they are wired wrong or they are blown lol.

My Jetta how ever has the monsoon system with a after market alpine deck and it seems to work and sound great. Was hoping for the same results but just need some opinions or ideas. Thanks guys
                  pull the door covers off,
                  - make sure the speakers are supported well (spacer rings)
                  - test that all the speakers move out (with 9v battery + to + and - to - from the amp)
                  put.......put.......

.... ... .. .

Comment

Originally posted by The_Stig View Post

If they are wired to an amp, check the cross over, maybe all the bass is being filtered.
                    Mitesh

Comment

Where would i find the cross over?
                      sigpic

Comment

I know the amp or the deck has a poor ground because it wines as i drive. But also if i turn my car off and just have the music on ( not even loud just on a bit) it drains my batter in about 5 minutes.
                        sigpic

Comment

It would be on the amp, a switch or a dial. Been a long time since I have played around with car audio.
                          Mitesh

Comment

Wow thanks bud! i fooled around with those few dials and switches and it made a huge differnce! Actually almost sounds not to bad!

The drivers door speaker is ratteling like crazy though. Got to figure out how to take the door panel off i guess.
                            sigpic

Comment

Your welcome, There is mathematics to those dials and switches to get the sound your looking for, I cant remember them now though :(.
                              Mitesh

Comment

Working...
                              X