Clutch Noises.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clutch Noises.

I agree the noise is very annoying... it is louder at the rear of the trans and sounds like the rear pinion brg (if that is what they call it, as it is a 3 shaft system in the 6spd iirc) wants to take a dump. I had a hell of a time listening to it when Mikey told me there was a concern, it was originally thought of as a release brg noise (but goes away when clutch was depressed, so that shot that one down immediately). We changed the fluid to a thicker syn but it was just as bad when the car came back up to temp. It really sucks for Mike to be in this predicament and I hope that it gets worked out... there is talk about warraty on the trans, if that does not help at least he will have a new one (hee hee). If indeed that is the flywheel making that monstorous noise, that flywheel needs to be thrown right through the front window at "spec headquarters". I have changed the flywheel/clutch (G60/VR6) on the 1.8T 5spd and I have never heard any noises like that... but you never know, I guess that is a chance you take
    Richard

Comment

Originally posted by RONDAL View Post
      wtf did i miss? more mk4 vortex nonsense?
      AHAHAHHAHAHAHAH I just read that thread, been so busy with exams I missed that. Now I really love this story.

Comment

so did i..... not surprised i am dead on with my mk4 vortex comment. it seems half the time this forum is comprised solely of the mk4 forum's biggest idiots. all in one place.

Spec clutches are garbage, they used to be good clutches but the quality has gone downhill in recent years. I have yet to see a good review on them in any of the VR6 technical forums I frequent on a daily basis.
        I did a lot of research when looking at which clutch would best suit my needs and came across the ACT and competition clutches/flywheels. If you had done the required reading I am sure you would have seen the same comments about the Spec clutches...or if you had asked in the tech forums on vortex you would have wound up with a lot of responses telling you to stay away from them.

too bad so sad, pay to play, lesson learned. just kinda how it works out. sucks to hear but hope you can sort it out. I'd take it to george and make sure everything mechanical in the tranny is in good order before something else other than the clutch or flywheel decides to let go and costs you a lot more than a $500 clutch and $200 flywheel.
        Team Highschool
        Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

I don't think Mike is going to drive to Calgary to get the trans checked out, there are plenty of mechanics here(Edmonton) that can do the work.

Comment

I think he is working with Richard on this (a few posts up) so I am sure they will be able to spot any other issues.
            Blair
            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

i didn't know the car was in deadmonton
              Team Highschool

Comment

Haha its all good, Richard is helping him out and so is another mechanic from the dealership, so I'm sure everything will get sorted out.

Comment

Originally posted by RONDAL View Post
                  i didn't know the car was in deadmonton
                  newb
                  Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna View Post
                    newb
                    Apparently Duby T isn't the only e-thug

Comment

Is it fixed Mike? Sounded pretty rotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna View Post
                        newb
                        swing on deez
                        Team Highschool

Comment

Working...
                        X