Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EU (Upsolute) chip

Has anyone ever got this chip?
    I am thinking of putting it in my S4 because George recommended it as an alternative to the APR ship which is more expensive. Any experience with this chip?
    sigpic
    2001.5 Santorin S4
    Stock so far

Spencer

Re: EU (Upsolute) chip

I have this chip in my '02 1.8T Jetta. Love it. At first I couldn't believe the difference...felt like my car was jumping out of its skin. Now I'm just used to it, but I still love the kick. Good investment.
    '02 Jetta 1.8Tuuurbo
    --DUBS--

Comment

Ultimately all the "chips" are pretty close in perf, it's just the extra toys. Back when I bought mine, APR was a simple flash via a laptop, multiple programs set with the cruise control, valet mode, disable completely, etc. You can tune the crap out of it with APRs software yourself (assuming you have a vagcom cable which is even more $$$), edit the speed limiter to whatever you want, change boost/timing.

The Upsolute was literally just a replacement chip that Simon soldered in the ECU. Performance? Probably within a few HP.

APR cost double. It's yo money. (Revo similar as APR, just used a special box with two dials to adjust things instead of a laptop).

Upsolute might be just a flash nowadays as well - check into it. But really the flexibility is where the dif in cost comes from. If I was doing it now that I'm out of warranty I'd probably just get a 91 upsolute program and enjoy the 500 bucks saved.
      Geoff
      Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Hey Spencer.

This is Graeme from school

I thought I saw your car at Georges the other day.
        Graeme

2015 S4
        2018 Monster 1200S

Comment

Yeah I think the Upsolute chip is a good bargain if you don't need the different fuel programs and things. Way less expensive for the same performance.
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

i dunno about the upsolute for the 2.7t.. personally i'd pay for the APR as i rock this myself and its worth every penny..

Comment

i have one on my 1.8t, seems to work pretty good
              sigpic

<<<Ben>>>

Present:
              His: 2008 Cayenne Turbo
              Hers: 2012 Ibis White Q5
              Past:
              B7 A4 Avant 6MT Black
              B7 A4 Avant 6MT Silver
              2004 .:R32 BMP
              2001.5 Noggy blue s4
              2000 VW GTI 1.8T
              1997 VW Jetta VR6

Comment

If you want to save some cash on the whole thing... buy a used ECU that is already chipped. On AW they are going for around $500 usd which is a lot easier on the pocket book, plus you can return to stock at any time.
                Just find out which box you have (says on your current ECU A, H, M etc and go from there!)

Comment

I have had a couple Upsolute chips from Simon at EU and always been very impressed, great value and great gains (50% on the Smart). His customer service is great and he does do port flashes now too and most chips are around $500 so can be very reasonable.
                  Blair
                  Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

i have my 1.8t upsolute chipped, works good. but never really driven any other chipped cars so i have nothing else to compare it to.
                    Justin

Comment

Does anyone have any dyno graphs for this chip? Wanted to check how the torque curves and such are.
                      sigpic
                      2001.5 Santorin S4
                      Stock so far

Spencer

Comment

http://goapr.com/Audi/images/dyno_s4_stage_i.gif

here and be done with it!.. trust me apr is le king

Comment

APR or GIAC X is the way to go.... They are the most popular fora reason.

But like I said... check AW for a full chipped ECU! They can be had for cheap. <$500 if you look hard

Comment

Originally posted by R-Audi View Post
                            APR or GIAC X is the way to go.... They are the most popular fora reason.
                            Because they take out the biggest adds in Eurotuner and PVW?
                            Jay

Comment

i agree mark

Comment

Working...
                              X