OBD1 vs. OBD2 VR6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBD1 vs. OBD2 VR6

I searched Vortex, what's the difference between the 2 specifically regarding the intake? Does OBD2 not have EGR or something? I already know about the MAF differences.

I searched Vortex but didn't come up with anything (quick search). After seeing a picture of the stock intake from the bottom I now see why people get them opened up, so I've been looking into one.
    Jay

Re: OBD1 vs. OBD2 VR6

its the sensors that plug into it. There are more on an OBD2 due to stricter emissions standards.

If you want one I have one. It's OBD2 but you can plug the ports really easily.

The one thing you need to realize is its not simply cutting things out. There is somewhat of a science to it to get the flow just right. Cut out too much, or something in the wrong spot and you create a dead spot in the intake and one of the cylinders (i think #2) doesn't get enough air and runs way too lean.

I had mine done by MMP who had it done on a flow bench. Made a HUGE difference.

You can come take a look at it if you want. I've been saying either you or derek should pick it up for your setups. It will make an even bigger difference with the forced induction.
    Team Highschool
    Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

the other thing you need is a TB adaptor plate. There is a guy making them in Vancouver and on vortex for like $50
      Team Highschool

Comment

Originally posted by RONDAL View Post
        You can come take a look at it if you want. I've been saying either you or derek should pick it up for your setups. It will make an even bigger difference with the forced induction.
        Too expensive
        Jay

Comment

btw. OBD1 to OBd2 you also gotta get rid of the ISV as well as the EGR.
          Team Highschool

Comment

Originally posted by RONDAL View Post
            btw. OBD1 to OBd2 you also gotta get rid of the ISV as well as the EGR.
            Hmm, I heard OBD1 runs like crap without ISV guess going to an OBD2 intake isn't an option anyway.
            Jay

Comment

not giet rid of, but find a new home for it in the OBD2 manifold. and as far as ported manifolds go you aren't gonna find one for much cheaper than $350ish. They are all going for about the same price.
              Team Highschool

Comment

Working...
              X