OEM Navi - Still Looking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OEM Navi - Still Looking

I'm still looking for an OEM Navi for my '02 Jetta...should've bought Ginch's, but didn't have the money at the time. What is the difference between version D and G? Which is better, and more importantly, which one will work with my Phatbox and steering wheel controls? PM me or email at dubs_17@hotmail.com if you have any leads on a unit!
    '02 Jetta 1.8Tuuurbo
    --DUBS--

Re: OEM Navi - Still Looking

Why do you want OEM Navi?

Comment

Why not? I looked into the Pioneer Avic, but it has no hard drive. I haven't seen a Kenwood DNX-7100 installed in a MKIV to know if it looks clean or not. So, I've come full circle back to the OEM Nav.
      '02 Jetta 1.8Tuuurbo
      --DUBS--

Comment

I was determined to go OEM as well, when you do a comparison, the aftermarket is more up to date, more options and you get way more for the money. I love my Pioneer navi. I was in Vancouver last week, it's perfect for finding things like timmys. It's a millions times better than the OEM ones. I think the limitation is the capacity of the CD based navigation. I can give you a demo at the meet if your're there.

Comment

I was leaning kinda toward the Kenwood DNX-7120 because it has the internal hard drive, but I like that you can match (how closely?) the dash colors with the Pioneer. Have you heard of the Avic HD1BT? What's the story there?
          '02 Jetta 1.8Tuuurbo
          --DUBS--

Comment

Can you post pics of your install? DIY or professional?
            '02 Jetta 1.8Tuuurbo
            --DUBS--

Comment

The dash color's are perfect, you can even change the background to a VW specific background. Pioneer also has another navi system with a hard drive, I couldn't see the benifit with it being double the cost.

I don't know much about the Avic HD1BT. I took a quick look at the Kenwoord, it looks pretty good, the navi might be better because it's Garmin based and you don't need the navi DVD in when mapping new locations. The USB input is also another cool feature. I know Jason or "J" installed a Kenwood navi in his Jetta, do a search and there are pictures of his installed.

I did the install myself, it was about a 3 hour job. Everything was pretty simple once you have done the homework before hand. I don't have any picture of my install.

Comment

the avic do come with hard drives! the z2 at least
                http://www.avic411.com/forum/index.p...7d1ca33643cdc1

for more info

Comment

Working...
                X