Can't get in my trunk!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get in my trunk!!!!!

I've got a mk3 and my trunk lock finally kicked the f'n bucket just when I need it. I'm sure I need to replace the whole cylinder and such but here's the problem:
    I put the key in the lock- it won't turn at all, totally jammed(been that way for a while but could live with it) but I could still push in the lock and it would open as usual but now NADA. Won't turn and when I push in the key nothing happens.
    Does anyone know how to open it while its jammed like this and to replace it? I couldn't find anything on vortex
    thanks.
    LOGAN
    94 Jetta mk3 constant evolution

Re: Can't get in my trunk!!!!!

try and get some moovit, fluid-film, or wd40, or some kind of anti-sieze in to it and leave it overnight. Might do enough to get things moving again. Most likely its salt and crap in there jamming chit up.
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

K thanks I'll try that, but I'm also wondering just how to get in and replace it if needs be.
      LOGAN

Comment

i assume you have a jetta? cause if its a GTi just pop the little button in the center console which will release the latch. Voila.
        Team Highschool
        Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Yeah its a jetta, I've got a button in my glove box but its not doing anything. Gonna be making a trip to SCFC to get a lock set on order....BOOOOO
          LOGAN

Comment

Working...
          X