Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowered 1.5", now I need shock/struts. What should I get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowered 1.5", now I need shock/struts. What should I get?

Originally posted by Guysmiley View Post
    Concept 1 quoted me 675 for Bilstien.

Do you guys think that is the best route?

The guy at Concept 1 said Bilstien is a better choice than the Koni Yellow.

Sounds like a decent price. I never got quotes on those as I didn't want the stiffer damper. You'll find that most retailers in Calgary will be within 100 bux of each other on this stuff. C1 said they didn't carry Koni so that's why I didn't bother asking them to look into it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kor View Post
      Is the best choice probably, I'd pay for it if you want the best handling, might not be super soft but will do a great job I bet.
      I am more concerned with having a comfortable ride at this point.

Concept 1 also told me about the FK kit for $450. Do you guys think this is any good?

Comment

bilstein sports will give you a harsh ride in the winter when it's cold. i can't speak for the koni yellows, tho.
        Tim
        "When you see the tree you’re about to hit, it’s called under steer. When you can only feel and hear it, it’s over steer."

Comment

Originally posted by Guysmiley View Post
          I am more concerned with having a comfortable ride at this point.

Concept 1 also told me about the FK kit for $450. Do you guys think this is any good?
          FK is the european version of APC
          Team Highschool
          Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Originally posted by RONDAL View Post
            FK is the european version of APC
            In other words. Crap.

I think the Koni Yellows will be the winner.

Comment

So...where can I get these guys? I have tried searching the Koni site for a dealer but the closest place that comes up is Edmonton.

Comment

I am getting mine from Speedtech as they had the best price.

Tunerworks can get them too.

Comment

I think Mopac is the regional distributor for koni, and coincidentally, someone on this site has a Mopac credit for $100.
                  Pat
                  Driver Found: Camber Wanted

Comment

yeah that's me. if you're buying something from Mopac speak to me i wanna get rid of this credit.
                    Team Highschool
                    Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Originally posted by RONDAL View Post
                      yeah that's me. if you're buying something from Mopac speak to me i wanna get rid of this credit.
                      I have actually decided to go a different route.

I am going to go with Tokico Blue shocks. I can get them at a way better price and they will be just fine for my needs.

Thanks everyone for all the input.
                      Last edited by Guysmiley; 02-04-2009, 05:03 PM.

Comment

IMHO those are terrible shocks and you are gonna get what you pay for.
                        KR
                        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor View Post
                          IMHO those are terrible shocks and you are gonna get what you pay for.
                          That sure is reassuring

I have been told by a person I trust that they will be just fine.

Comment

I would go with the shocks the maker of your springs recommend. They should be matched with the springs. valving etc...
                            Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
                            You dig sucka?!

Comment

somewhat off topic but i didn't want to open a new thread for such a simple question. Looking to pick up an H&R spring/shock setup. Who deals with H&R in the calgary or edmonton areas?????
                              2003 Jetta GLI VR6

Comment

Also if you get an H&R kit lowering the front 1.5 and the rear 1.4 on a 2003 GLI VR6 is it necessary to get a front sway bar aswell
                                2003 Jetta GLI VR6

Comment

Working...
                                X