firewall???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firewall???

i was trying to install a boost gauge on my 1.8T and......... i couldnt figure out where to run the tubing/vacuum hose through to get inside the car...the DIY i was following ran it through a gromet which i dont have

anyhow.... anybody got any ideas of what would be the easiest and quicket way to get my tubing inside the car.... my pod/gauge is going in above my steering wheel by the way..... right infront of my cluster so...... plz help me figure this out i gotta get this going asap......

i checked out a few DIYs on it.... but cant seem to locate the wiring running through.. anyway... hope to hear from ya'll soon

cheers!!

Re: firewall???

I ran mine through the main wire harness gromet but there is a small one in the same vicinity that you can go through, you just have to look very carefully for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoppingcart111 View Post
      I ran mine through the main wire harness gromet but there is a small one in the same vicinity that you can go through, you just have to look very carefully for it.
      can you provide any pics by any chance?? and how do i get to the main wire harness
      Last edited by shaz23; 03-02-2008, 10:39 PM.

Comment

there's like a million grommets in the firewalls you can use
        Team Highschool
        Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

if you wanna meet somewhere tm]ommo i can sow
          u .....................ps i shoud stilll be friedy]ly when im not toxicated :P aha i will..
          Travis Munroe
          Discover Real Estate

Comment

there is a yellowish looking plug pretty much right in the middle if im not mistaken.

i think thats where mine went

Comment

Originally posted by tm.88 View Post
              if you wanna meet somewhere tm]ommo i can sow
              u .....................ps i shoud stilll be friedy]ly when im not toxicated :P aha i will..
              umm ya sure y not.. when where how ahah.. im at sundridge mall till 9 so if you are around i can meet u here

Comment

Originally posted by RONDAL View Post
                there's like a million grommets in the firewalls you can use
                where exactly is the firewall???

and will i have to remove the wipers n all to get to the firewall... sorry guys im a Noob

Comment

Originally posted by shaz23 View Post
                  where exactly is the firewall???

and will i have to remove the wipers n all to get to the firewall... sorry guys im a Noob
                  Do the following:

1. Get in car
                  2. Drive to dealership
                  3. Return car to dealership
                  4. Walk to 7-11
                  5. Buy transit pass
                  6. Get to know the bus schedule
                  7. Take bus where you need to go

*Repeat Step 7 as often as needed.

I literally want to throw my head into a wall.
                  Team Highschool

Comment

ashahahahaha to last post
                    Travis Munroe
                    Discover Real Estate

Comment

Originally posted by RONDAL View Post
                      Do the following:

1. Get in car
                      2. Drive to dealership
                      3. Return car to dealership
                      4. Walk to 7-11
                      5. Buy transit pass
                      6. Get to know the bus schedule
                      7. Take bus where you need to go

*Repeat Step 7 as often as needed.

I literally want to throw my head into a wall.
                      relax buddy i wasnt born with knolwedge like you.. somebody told me i had to remove all that to get access so i was wondering why... no bodys forcing you to help anyway....
                      Last edited by shaz23; 03-03-2008, 07:39 PM.

Comment

No Rondal was not born with that knowledge. He earned it.

Some of the questions you ask, can be easily answered by using the search function.
                        Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

tried it... aint the point of these forums so ppl starting from scratch can LEARN stuff for themselves.... just got into the VW scene, never really had a car to work on before... so im learnin everything from scratch... so i simply asked something i didnt know.... people that have knwledge should be respected... unless they dont like to pass it on.. ya it was a stupid question.. but i did mention im a Noob. seen diagrams on it but couldnt figure it out... didnt no it was gonna be such a big deal...

Comment

I think the point some are trying to make is you have to search a little bit harder. Yes information is good when shared but people don't like to answer the same questions over and over again when the answer is easily found by doing a little search work.
                            Name: Brent
                            His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                            Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                            Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

maybe i was a little harsh, but some of the recent questions and statements on here really make one want to throw themselves down a flight of stairs.

here's a tip: www.vwvortex.com , start reading....don't post, just read. then read some more. It will answer any question you think you may have. And i guarantee if you use the search button you will come up with 50 threads on the subject
                              Team Highschool

Comment

Working...
                              X