Turn signal clicker gone crazy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn signal clicker gone crazy!

So my turn signal clicker has a mind of its own. it will just be randomly clicking when ever it whats to. The signal lights dont turn on, but just the clicking sound some where in the dash go nuts some times. Any one had this problem or know a fix?
    sigpic

Re: Turn signal clicker gone crazy!

this just happened to me.. there is a thread. 1st thing I would try is to spray a bunch of electrical cleaner in to where you signal light arm meets the steering column. This suggestion was made in the thread I started, and it has been working for me since i did that. Short of that, you may need a new multifunction arm thing. Try the cleaner first... its cheap.
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

As also mentioned in that thread there is a recall on the hazard relay for 2000-2002 Golf/GTI and Jetta. The dealer must replace it for free.
      Jeff
      Current: 2017 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line
      Previous: 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line, 2001 VW Jetta

Comment

Had the same thing last year, the hazard switch is a recall and can cause it but mine was in the switch itself, actually took the switch apart and cleaned the contacts, hasn't been a problem since, there was excesive build up of grease on the contacts, wouldn't recommened taking the switch apart if you don't know what your doing though.

Comment

i had already had the hazard switch done, but yeah.. either way, get that done if you haven't.
          Stefan
          -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
          -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
          -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
          -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Alright thanks, ill see if my hazard switch needs replacing, and if not ill try the contact spray.
            sigpic

Comment

I lucked out. I had the same issue with my car.
              It seems to have corrected itself oddly enough. It hasnt happened since the summer, and it only lasted for a couple of months
              -Drew
              2001 "BORA" GLS 1.8T
              1990 Lincoln Continental

Comment

9 Times Out Of 10: Signal Arm
                1) 2007 Candy white MKV GTI. DSG, votex kit, 19" Privat netz, tinted tails, smoked side markers & mirror signals, 20% tint, TT stubby, APR sport 3" turbo back exhaust, ABD stage 2 cold air intake. GONE.
                2) 1993 Green Corrado VR6. ABD intake. FK Silverline coils, Zimmerman cross drilled & slotted rotors. GONE.

Comment

had that problem with my car.

just spray a bunch of electrical cleaner, and that did the job for me.
                  i usually just gotta redo it every 3 months or so

Comment

As stated, search.....

It is the signal switch... If you search there various levels of fixes available.

Comment

Working...
                    X