Mr. Chippy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Chippy

Hey all! Has anyone dealt with Mr Chippy by Forge Road SE?? I got a quote to repair ALL rock chips for $200. And another $250 to repair small rust spots on the A panel of the passenger side door.. I know you get what you pay for but I also unknowingly knew the people that work there (small world as some would say..). Would like some feedback anyone? It would help me to decide if I should leave the jetta with them or at another place that a friend has recommended me too (Of course the other place quoted me more)..
    drive green ||
    2003 Volkswagen Jetta 1.8T - ex old fun car
    2011 Mercedes Benz B200 Turbo - daily getter

Re: Mr. Chippy

I had a large rust spot done by Mr. Chippy in the NE. Once they got into it, they found it was right at the edge of their capabilities, and they let me know right away. They did a good job with what they had to work with.

As a side note though, I had assumed they would accept a credit card (who carries around hundreds in $$ these days?). They did not. I was given my keys and allowed to leave on my word I would come back with a cheque the next day. Then I was called twice that evening and once the next day by the owner because I left without paying. So find out ahead of time what form of payment they are expecting.
    Jeff
    Current: 2017 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line
    Previous: 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line, 2001 VW Jetta

Comment

Working...
    X