Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vmaxx coil overs, opinions?

Heyo,

So i've been looking into lowering suspensions. I keep hearing about Vmaxx coilovers so i went on their site. http://www.stratmosphere.com/vmaxx.htm

Product sounds good, price is good. My questions are, many people have experience with them? Anybody order from this site, how did they ride? I'm not looking to slam my golf(03 2L golf) just sport it out alittle bit. I have some 17"monte carlos to put on the summer and really dont want that large gap between my wheel wells and the tires. Also, i've heard skid plates are a good idea, do alot of you use them? i know i really don't want to take off the oil pan ha.

Anyways any thoughts/opinions appreciated.

Thanks guys--Kane
    2004 Jetta TDI Sport-Daily
    2002 Jetta 1.8T(stg2)-Wifey
    1983 RabbitLS- Dirty Diesel

Re: Vmaxx coil overs, opinions?

i lowered only an inch, and took my oil pan off this fall.. hit it hard a few times too before that. I'm officially a believer in the aluminum skid plate. Usually, you can be careful, and be ok. Every now and then, the obstacles are hard to dodge. Don't know if the pan on a tdi sits any lower than a 2.0
    Last edited by stefan; 02-19-2008, 11:45 PM.
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

I would pay $300 or so more, and get a decent set of coils or cup kit with a life time warranty. The Vmaxx struts have known to go pretty easy. Look it up on vortex. And if your looking to make your car handle better, then Vmaxx is not the way to go. They are a very soft ride.
      Mitesh

Comment

take a look at something like this maybe a little more $$$ but a lot more BANG and a decent performance handling upgrade too.
        http://www.koni-na.com/cat_search.cf...&submit=Search
        2003 Jetta GLI VR6

Comment

You get what you pay for....

Comment

yup a guy on audizine bought them and blew a strut in 1 week

Comment

if all you want is a cheap way to lower your car in a decent manner they are decent coils. i'd pick up a set for my mk2 if i cared about it. I would take the KW's any day of the week but the price kinda reflects that
              Team Highschool
              Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

KW
                H&R
                PSS9s

would be where I put my $$($$)

Comment

thanks guys for the quick feed back.

Yeah, decided to go another route for the suspension. Picked up an FK suspension from concept1 after i talked to them today. Its not the most expensive but from them its a hell alot more durable then vmaxx from what ive been told. I'll install it on friday night or saturday.

Thanks again guys,
                  Kane
                  Last edited by Kane; 02-20-2008, 09:38 PM.
                  2004 Jetta TDI Sport-Daily
                  2002 Jetta 1.8T(stg2)-Wifey
                  1983 RabbitLS- Dirty Diesel

Comment

Working...
                  X