Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird problem

hey guys again
    another problem with my car... a wierd one this time too..

well the other day i tried cleaning my rear window.. turned the windshield washer on and heard a leaking noise inside my car and realized the fluid was leakin inside my car, right on the left of my clutch... the fluid starts to drip inside and alot of it actually... leaving my mats all wet..

can anyone help me with this problem.. how can i fix it???? its really annoying especially when you live in a city where you refill your washer fluid every week

Re: weird problem

NOTICE:

IF YOU CANT BE BOTHERED TO LIST THE YEAR AND MODEL OF YOUR CAR WE CAN'T BE BOTHERED IF YOUR CAR LEAKS, CATCHES FIRE, OR CONTINUES TO BREAKDOWN.

Signed; Those who can't mind read.
    Team Highschool
    Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

i am guessin u have a silver gti :P seeing as i go to other threads and actually read them!!!
      Travis Munroe
      Discover Real Estate

Comment

that says a lot

Comment

Ok so you turned on the washers in the rear and water came though on the front? You might want to clarify your statement. if the water came in the front you have a hole in the firewall which is bag but more then likely just a gromit fell out. If it is leaking into the trunk (if you have a golf) you have a whole other problem which you can search the forums for the fix.
          Name: Brent
          His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
          Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
          Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by tm.88 View Post
            i am guessin u have a silver gti :P seeing as i go to other threads and actually read them!!!
            lol wrong
            I'd like to make a statment!
            2012 Q5
            2011 A5

Comment

Originally posted by shaz23 View Post
              hey guys again
              another problem with my car... a wierd one this time too..

well the other day i tried cleaning my rear window.. turned the windshield washer on and heard a leaking noise inside my car and realized the fluid was leakin inside my car, right on the left of my clutch... the fluid starts to drip inside and alot of it actually... leaving my mats all wet..

can anyone help me with this problem.. how can i fix it???? its really annoying especially when you live in a city where you refill your washer fluid every week
              There's a tube that goes through your hatch at the centre of the wiper arm. The tube breaks and then the washer fluid washes inside the car, not the window. Search the archives and you'll find a few discussions on this. One person used some tubing from a hobby show and fixed it himself. I bought a used wiper assembly off of the Vortex to do my fix. Either way, until you fix it, don't use the rear wiper. The excess moisture in the car can cause the windows to freeze up on the inside when it gets really cold.
              Jeff

2017 Sportwagen
              2016 .:R (sold)
              2013 Golf TDI Wolfsburg (sold)
              2001.5 Audi S4 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Jester B View Post
                One person used some tubing from a hobby show and fixed it himself.
                That was me
                Jetta's don't have rear wipers though so we may just all be upping our post count.
                Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
                  That was me
                  Jetta's don't have rear wipers though so we may just all be upping our post count.
                  Ooh, I have to read the entire post! Nobody told me that before.

(add one more to my post count!)
                  Jeff

2017 Sportwagen
                  2016 .:R (sold)
                  2013 Golf TDI Wolfsburg (sold)
                  2001.5 Audi S4 (sold)

Comment

hence why my original comment stands. these threads are f ucking useless without the proper info.
                    Team Highschool
                    Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Threads are useless without pictures too!!!

Comment

oops my bad guys

2003 VW GTI 1.8T

there you go...... ... as for the pictures... ill get some up soon showing where the leakage

thx guys
                        cheers

Comment

there we go.. hope that helps....

Legend =

red = where the problem occurs
                          blue = washer fluid
                          white = the result and how i feel

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
                            Ok so you turned on the washers in the rear and water came though on the front? You might want to clarify your statement. if the water came in the front you have a hole in the firewall which is bag but more then likely just a gromit fell out. If it is leaking into the trunk (if you have a golf) you have a whole other problem which you can search the forums for the fix.

nope sorry.... it leaks right by my clutch.. the fluid drips through and starts running down my clutching foot rest.... see pic

Comment

Working...
                            X