Headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlights

Ive decided to buy myself a birthday present next week.
    Im gonna buy the In Pro Black E-codes with the foglights at Concept 1.
    I just have a couple questions about them
    1) Are they HID's? I noticed they came with Xenon bulbs and everything but im not sure.
    2) How difficult is installation?

Thanks
    -Drew
    2001 "BORA" GLS 1.8T
    1990 Lincoln Continental

Re: Headlights

Originally posted by JustALilBit View Post
    Ive decided to buy myself a birthday present next week.
    Im gonna buy the In Pro Black E-codes with the foglights at Concept 1.
    I just have a couple questions about them
    1) Are they HID's? I noticed they came with Xenon bulbs and everything but im not sure.
    2) How difficult is installation?

Thanks
    im guessing these are the ones in question?

If so no they are not proper HID headlights. These are standard Halogen H7 lights, with a halogen NOT HID projector.
    Headlight install is pretty simple on most cars, i cant see the corrado being much different, generally unplug the power wires and pull the bulb, unscrew the mounting screws and install. Your bentley should outline all of this.

I dont know what the stock bulbs are but if they are not H7 you will need to get a conversion pigtail or create your own; which would plug into the stock clip, then have on of the other end an H7 clip allow the bulb base to bolt up.

Be weary of C1's HID kits...they seem to be pawning off "HID" bulbs that are really standard halogen bulbs with a blue tint to them. Real HID's come with ballasts and bulbs and require a little of rewiring to make them work
    Team Highschool
    Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Thnaks for the help
      I think Im just going to get them done professionally, Im no good with wiring and crap.
      They are similar.
      I forgot to mention the car. Its a 2001 Jetta 1.8T
      Here a link to the picturehttp://concept1.ca/LIGHT%20MK4%20DET...3609%20KIT.htm
      -Drew
      2001 "BORA" GLS 1.8T
      1990 Lincoln Continental

Comment

those are just reflectors, if you are planning an upgrade to the zenon's i'd look into projector headlight housings
        ~Lenny

Nogaro blue!!!

Comment

If you want HID's, just buy OEM if its the for MK4. Please do not put an HID bulb, in a halogen projector or housing. The Light output will be ass, and you will blind people.
          Mitesh

Comment

do this right, and spend the money to do it right. First off its illegal to do it any other way, and secondly every driver on the road will want to take a bat to your headlights if you cheap out and throw HID's in a halogen projector housing. It blinds everyone
            Team Highschool

Comment

PS. I dunno why I thought you had a corrado...especially when its in your sig
              Team Highschool

Comment

Haha, dont worry about it.
                Ok, thanks for the help. Im not gonna do the headlights from Concept 1.
                I know what you guys mean with the blinding people, I hate them to. I dont want to be one of them.
                -Drew
                2001 "BORA" GLS 1.8T
                1990 Lincoln Continental

Comment

So whats the difference between a Halogen and HID projector housing then? No I am not talking about a standard headlight housing. As far as I have ever seen a HID and Halogen projector housing are almost the same. Both have cutoffs and enclose the light source so there is not an excess or off axis glare and the light is more directed.
                  Name: Brent
                  His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                  Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                  Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Working...
                  X