Relocating MK4 Disc changer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relocating MK4 Disc changer

So Ive been contemplating with the idea of moving my 6 disc changer, in my 01, up to my glove box for about a month now. Im really suprised I havent seen it done before though. Any have a DIY on it? I searched the vortex, but with no luck. It seems really straight foreward, but if that was the case there should certainly be a DIY somewhere. Anyone got any ideas how much work is involved?

Car in question:
    When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Re: Relocating MK4 Disc changer

Never done it, but I think you've got 2 options.

1) Pull the factory cable back from the hatch area to the glove box and install there.

2) Get a *much* shorter cable and disconnect the factory one from the back of the deck and then just route to the glove box.

I guess a #3 would be to run more cable from the back up to the front. I did install a USASpec iPod adapter and there was an extension cable to get from the hatch that I ran along the passenger side behind all the trim up to the glove box (well, just shy of the glove box - may need an additional 2 feet for wiggle room). Place I found the extension was DiscountCarStereo.com
    Jeff

2017 Sportwagen
    2016 .:R (sold)
    2013 Golf TDI Wolfsburg (sold)
    2001.5 Audi S4 (sold)

Comment

Mhh well after about 20 minutes off messing around with it, I have come to accept that the changer is to large to fit in the glove box. Dang it would be so nice to have access to it while driving.

Comment

phatnoise?? oem and pretty easy to find.
        James
        mk4 wagon

Comment

Get an Ipod.....

Comment

Ive got an ipod, and sat radio that holds thousands of songs. For sound quality and ease of use I still like having cd's in the car. If I forget my ipod im hooped and that phatnoise thing looks like a pain to use.

Comment

Working...
            X