Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a safety inspection done

Can george do it?

What do they look for. Purchased a car older than 12 years so now apparently they need it.
    Team Highschool
    Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Re: Need a safety inspection done

There is a guy over on CVD that does them at your house for cheap, around $25 I think. He is a mechanic at Canadian Tire so he uses that shop number and address on the inspection sheet. Does a great job and its super convinent because he comes to you. I will check for his name and number and PM you.

Comment

we do those for free.
      insurance inspections are really easy.
      15 to 20 minutes top.
      Paul

Comment

what do they look for. Is a crack in the windshield in the corner and a hole in the muffler going to be a problem? This is my $900 beater
        Team Highschool
        Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Can this person also do an out of province inspection? I just came back to Calgary from the States, and brought up my beater (99.5 Jetta GL). I'd just go do it at Canadian Tire, but I'd most likely have to change the headlights as they don't have the DOT/SAE markings. I'd rather not swap them out, but will if I have to.

Speaking of which, does anyone have any I could "borrow" for a few hours?

Dal.
          1990 Porsche 951
          2013 Audi S4 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by M50 View Post
            There is a guy over on CVD that does them at your house for cheap, around $25 I think. He is a mechanic at Canadian Tire so he uses that shop number and address on the inspection sheet. Does a great job and its super convinent because he comes to you. I will check for his name and number and PM you.
            Somehow I missed this thread. Did you find out who it was? I could really use the info.
            Jay

Comment

CVD usually deletes that kind of thread cause the guy isn't a sponsor.
              you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

Here's one.

http://www.clubveedub.ca/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24366

Shane

Comment

Sorry guys, I missed this thread! That is the guy that did my inspection! Great guy....totally recommend him!

Comment

Working...
                  X