mk4 locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mk4 locks

can you get your second key fob to lock doors after the engine has started in an mk4? friend in ogden wants to be able to warm up her car, and leaving it unlocked is not an option 'cause the neigbours have lost cars that way already. moving out of ogden is also not an option :P. I assume you can lock up with the vallet key, but she was asking if you could use the remote. i think 'no'. anyone think otherwise? i see there are some lock related vag-com settings, like lights and horn, but thats all i found.
    cheers,
    Last edited by stefan; 01-01-2008, 05:00 PM.
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Re: mk4 locks

I know you can not lock the drivers door when it is open, but have never tried it with a key in the ignition. I can see why you wouldn't want it to though.
    Jeff
    Current: 2017 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line
    Previous: 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line, 2001 VW Jetta

Comment

Another idea is to buy a club and put that on while its running. Locking the doors in a running car isn't much of a deterrent. Another option is to lock it with the valet key while its running.

Comment

Not that it helps, but my compustar remote will lock/pop trunk while the motor is running. Haven't seen a way to do it with the oem remote though. And really, keys in the ignition + locked doors just means they'll break the window and be gone. It takes 2 seconds longer. Or use the screwdriver trick and pop the lock in 2 seconds. Don't leave it running unattended without a proper alarm/kill switch.
        Last edited by Khyron; 01-01-2008, 07:35 PM.
        Geoff
        Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

you can lock the door while the car is running, but only with a second key, and through the door. Not the remote.
          Mitesh

Comment

As stated above.

Comment

on mine you could lock it from the passenger side withthe drivers door locked
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X