Battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery

Anyone have any good recommendations for a new battery on an MKIV TDI? Mine is just about toast and I want to get a new one.

Re: Battery

I have always had good luck with Canadian Energy batteries. If you search the forums you will come up with many threads on the topic and where to buy.
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Had really good luck with Exide batteries so far. Got the 78DT72 from bumper to bumper, it can be a little pricey, but the warranty is better then crappy tire. I had one die due to having it drain and freeze. Walked in with it and the receipt, and walked out 5 mins later with a new battery. Crappy tire is a lot more hassle then that I have found.
      Ben
      2016 Ram 3500 Laramie
      2000 Jetta TDi, Dead and removing parts
      2005 Passat Wagon TDi, 310,000 km's and counting, BSM delete done....Trans died going to replace
      Her's
      2016 Toyota Highlander XLE Pearl White

Comment

Just found the exide one at Auto Value for $100 on sale, just thought that I would give you a heads up.
        Ben
        2016 Ram 3500 Laramie
        2000 Jetta TDi, Dead and removing parts
        2005 Passat Wagon TDi, 310,000 km's and counting, BSM delete done....Trans died going to replace
        Her's
        2016 Toyota Highlander XLE Pearl White

Comment

I guess I should also mention the service I had with Canadian energy batteries. I had bought on in BC and when I moved here it was about to die. I happened to go to a place that sold them and with a receipt they warrantied it as the battery was date marked with the purchase date. I had great service to boot so that is why I have stuck with them.
          Name: Brent
          His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
          Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
          Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by MentalSideArm View Post
            Anyone have any good recommendations for a new battery on an MKIV TDI? Mine is just about toast and I want to get a new one.
            - Costco
            - Princess Auto
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Working...
            X