Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question ?

I have two questions
    1.Do you need to compress the piston in the calipers on a mk3 (like mk4)when doing rear brakes ? disc brakes on a 97 jetta.
    2. what tool is used (or how) to dissconnect the inline fuel filter on a 03 jetta 1.8T ?

search the net for both these questions, but no luck finding answers hopefully someone here knows

T.I.A.
    12 Volvo XC 90
    03 Jetta1.8T
    95 Cabrio VRT
    90 G60 Corrado

Colleen at 403-819-0132 or colleen@brayco.ca for all your mortgage needs.

Re: Question ?

Anyone ?
    12 Volvo XC 90
    03 Jetta1.8T
    95 Cabrio VRT
    90 G60 Corrado

Comment

I used a screwdriver on the fuel filter. The clips are like a D and you press on the round part and the line comes off.

It's not hard - I think I was done in 10 mins, but don't force the clips as breaking them means new fuel lines.

DIY with pics.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1276409&page=1
      Geoff
      Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Originally posted by Khyron View Post
        I used a screwdriver on the fuel filter. The clips are like a D and you press on the round part and the line comes off.

It's not hard - I think I was done in 10 mins, but don't force the clips as breaking them means new fuel lines.

DIY with pics.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1276409&page=1
        Thank a lot for the info. Was late and cold in the garage so I didn't mess around with it much
        12 Volvo XC 90
        03 Jetta1.8T
        95 Cabrio VRT
        90 G60 Corrado

Comment

I believe any car that has rear disk brakes will need the piston rotated as it is pressed back in as it is part of the ebrake assembly.
          Name: Brent
          His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
          Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
          Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Going to be doing the brakes next week so I'll let people if they want, picked up one of those piston release tools just in case
            12 Volvo XC 90
            03 Jetta1.8T
            95 Cabrio VRT
            90 G60 Corrado

Comment

Originally posted by Lars View Post
              Going to be doing the brakes next week so I'll let people if they want, picked up one of those piston release tools just in case
              Could have borrowed mine....
              Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
              You dig sucka?!

Comment

C clamps and a screwdriver...all you really need if you dont have the tools
                Team Highschool
                Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Working...
                X