What would you do??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What would you do??

It doesnt seem to many are happy with the new MKV's. Even the Jetta's arent that great.
    If I was in your position Id do exactly what your doing now. From what ive read youve dealt with alot from this car. Hope all works out. You should consider a new GLI.
    -Drew
    2001 "BORA" GLS 1.8T
    1990 Lincoln Continental

Comment

My buddy here at work has a Rabbit V and a Jetta V and they are both pretty excellent. The interior is so nice and the ride and handling are great as are both engines. He hasn't had any problems. Just giving a counter-point to the above post.

If I were you I would buy a beater and hold out for the 135.
      Last edited by Kor; 11-16-2007, 12:26 PM.
      KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

My MKV has been great. Zero problems. My only complaint is that I wasn't able to get it with a 6 cylinder. Other than that it is twice the car my MKIV was, and I had a sweet-ass MKIV.

Present
        2010 Audi A4 S-Line
        2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
        2003 VW Jetta GLI
        1992 VW Jetta GL
        1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

I Have No Complaints With The Mkv, (except The Lack Of Updated Clutch Packs For The Dsg) But It's Expensive To Drive, If I Took The Amount Of Money Per Month I Spend On The Mkv And Put That Into The Mk3 It Would Be Faster In A Few Months.
          1) 2007 Candy white MKV GTI. DSG, votex kit, 19" Privat netz, tinted tails, smoked side markers & mirror signals, 20% tint, TT stubby, APR sport 3" turbo back exhaust, ABD stage 2 cold air intake. GONE.
          2) 1993 Green Corrado VR6. ABD intake. FK Silverline coils, Zimmerman cross drilled & slotted rotors. GONE.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
            My MKV has been great. Zero problems. My only complaint is that I wasn't able to get it with a 6 cylinder. Other than that it is twice the car my MKIV was, and I had a sweet-ass MKIV.
            Touche!
            Get your money back, it appears you got a lemon, and then get the 135.
            Good luck to ya
            Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

/\ it looks like you quoted the wrong post.

other than the base flare, my rabbit has been great. i'm just under 9k now.
              you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

Originally posted by JustALilBit View Post
                It doesnt seem to many are happy with the new MKV's. Even the Jetta's arent that great.
                If I was in your position Id do exactly what your doing now. From what ive read youve dealt with alot from this car. Hope all works out. You should consider a new GLI.
                HAd a 03 GLI and i loved it, But its time now fr me to SAY F U C K VW and HEllo BMW 1 series.
                12 VW Golf
                09 BMW 135i
                07 MKV GTI
                03 Jetta GLI
                01 Jetta GLS
                90 Jetta GL

Comment

Just to give everyone a heads up. VW Canada called me and told me to SUck a banana. They said there were not buyingmy car back due to the fact that i had a aftermarket Exhaust, and a CAI. There exact words were, and i quote "Your car is heavly modified" I almost broke down on teh floor laughing.

Too bad all this bull **** and problem were happening well before and mods were done.

I think or maby i feel i need to go public with this. Ive been treated so unfair, But once teh dealers have you $$$$ they dont give a F U C K about you anymore.

But i juess there right, My CAI is the reason my door lock wont lock and my window wont role down from the out side..

MAN WHAT WAS I THINKING
                  12 VW Golf
                  09 BMW 135i
                  07 MKV GTI
                  03 Jetta GLI
                  01 Jetta GLS
                  90 Jetta GL

Comment

Originally posted by Bullfrog View Post
                    I Have No Complaints With The Mkv, (except The Lack Of Updated Clutch Packs For The Dsg) But It's Expensive To Drive, If I Took The Amount Of Money Per Month I Spend On The Mkv And Put That Into The Mk3 It Would Be Faster In A Few Months.

Yeah I didnt mean any harm by my post. I should have been more specific. I forgot I was dealing with VDub enthusiasts

As you mentioned the gas milage thing has been the major issue about the above complaints. (Lots of people wash VDubs at the carwash I work at)
                    -Drew
                    2001 "BORA" GLS 1.8T
                    1990 Lincoln Continental

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy View Post
                      Just to give everyone a heads up. VW Canada called me and told me to SUck a banana. They said there were not buyingmy car back due to the fact that i had a aftermarket Exhaust, and a CAI. There exact words were, and i quote "Your car is heavly modified" I almost broke down on teh floor laughing.

Too bad all this bull **** and problem were happening well before and mods were done.

I think or maby i feel i need to go public with this. Ive been treated so unfair, But once teh dealers have you $$$$ they dont give a F U C K about you anymore.

But i juess there right, My CAI is the reason my door lock wont lock and my window wont role down from the out side..

MAN WHAT WAS I THINKING
                      Write LEMON in huge letters on the side of your car, and park it in front of the dealership every Saturday. See how that goes over with their sales Dept.

Or depending on how serious you are, you could pursue this legally.
                      Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

You're going to need to be persistent with VW to get any action out of them, I'd suggest speaking with them about undertaking the process Billip mentioned. They'll get a sense that you're a bit more serious and be more inclined to compromise.

Just because the tell you to suck Bananna doesn't mean you should! Stay on it, potentially write VW international. If you've done both the things I've mentioned in this message then you have a case to move forward with the media. To be frank, till then you haven't done the job you need to.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by liquid View Post
                          Write LEMON in huge letters on the side of your car, and park it in front of the dealership every Saturday. See how that goes over with their sales Dept.

Yeah that's a great idea as I'm sure its the sales staff that are refusing to buy the car back Unfortunately its VW of Canada that makes the decision to buy a car back not the dealership!
                          Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
                          -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                          -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Originally posted by liquid View Post

Or depending on how serious you are, you could pursue this legally.
                            Haha! I've heard of someone doing that with a house they bought. Put a HUGE sign up on their front lawn listing all the problems they had and who the builder was. When they threatened him and told him they were going to remove the sign he reminded them that it was private property and the police would be called if they trespassed.
                            Jay

Comment

actually i saw a car at the mall a month ago with posters all over it saying 'do not build with AVI homes'

it was pretty funny

Comment

Originally posted by GINCH View Post
                                Yeah that's a great idea as I'm sure its the sales staff that are refusing to buy the car back Unfortunately its VW of Canada that makes the decision to buy a car back not the dealership!
                                Ok - poorly worded on my part. I'm not saying it's the sales staff's fault, just that it would probably get a reaction.
                                Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

Working...
                                X