Race City -- Drag Races -- Tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race City -- Drag Races -- Tonight

I'm going to be heading down kinda early (around 7PM) -- Ken from Concept-1 is attending and racing. Anyone who wants to see a Stage-3 1.8T in action, get your lazy ass down to the track.

Regardless of whois coming from this forum... I'll be there. My phone number is 608.5958 -- call me if you have no fucking clue where you are going.

Peter

i'll be there i got directions from their website so it should be easy.. i'll ask you some questions when i get there peter cuz i'm a dumb noob at this **** still... cya later dude

Comment

Are you racing tonight Peter?

Is anyone else thinking about going down?
      billip
      2013 Audi RS 5

Comment

**** bill 20 bucks to race can't beat that.. gotta see my 16 second 1/4 mile before i chip this thing.. well perhaps 15 if i dont' suck tonight

Comment

Originally posted by lsc2g
          **** bill 20 bucks to race can't beat that.. gotta see my 16 second 1/4 mile before i chip this thing.. well perhaps 15 if i dont' suck tonight
          Haha... I'll believe that when i see it. I won't be racing if I go... I just like to watch.
          billip
          2013 Audi RS 5

Comment

well here are my results with spare tire and golf clubs in my trunk (don't ask next time its empty)
            17.8, 17.4, 17.0, 21
            last run i launched from 3k but let it out way to early and my clutch slipped like a whore.. 55mph max on that run.. i got scared from the smell and quit right there.. i gotta practice launching more before i go back cuz i should be 16.0 according to peter and i feel the same
            mike had way better runs than me. my launching/reaction time sucked so hard like .8-1sec where mikes was .4 pretty much all the time..
            so anyways i had fun for my 1st time out.. just gotta practice and keep at it..

peter IM about those video clips.. i wanna check em out..
            later dudes

Comment

Everyone thinks they'll get 15 then they get 17's
              KR
              Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

i could care less about the time.. i care more about my poor lil clutch.. oh well a few more times this summer and some practice and i'll be tight.. this is my first manual car that i've owned.. not just bagging other peoples so I try to treat it good but **** happens whatever.

Comment

I've done 20+ runs, ranging from 16.5 to 18s - most being 17.1s etc. Jamie from 5th ave ran a 15.5 (no chip, no intake, has exhaust and some other minor things, and he's on stock rubber).

I'm throwing my 15s on next time just to see the difference.

Khyron
                  Geoff
                  Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

damn.. i was rocking my stock 17s and goodyear allseasons.. the super cool thing was although i only got up to 3rd shifting from 1-2 then 2-3 i got the wheels to chirp which was super rad that pavement there must be super super smooth for that to happen.. my shifts were good just launching was ****

Comment

Damn... we all thought your blew your clutch Ryan... you got like a 22 second Q/T that last run. The way you were limping down the track kinda made everyone think you fucked your car -- oh and from what Mike told us!

Peter

Comment

haha it scared the **** outta me too.. its all good now and grabs like a champ but i imagine that stench is gonna hang around i still have 7 months on my 12 mo wear and tear but even so. i think i won't ever burn it up again..
                        tonight was totally fun though peter gotta do it more for sure..

Comment

i think rolling on my 18's wasnt helping my situation. the fastest I could manage was 16 flat. I raced the dude from 5th ave, but I belw my start, and only got 16.3

Present
                          2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                          2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                          2003 VW Jetta GLI
                          1992 VW Jetta GL
                          1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Originally posted by lsc2g
                            well here are my results with spare tire and golf clubs in my trunk (don't ask next time its empty)
                            17.8, 17.4, 17.0, 21
                            last run i launched from 3k but let it out way to early and my clutch slipped like a whore.. 55mph max on that run.. i got scared from the smell and quit right there.. i gotta practice launching more before i go back cuz i should be 16.0 according to peter and i feel the same
                            mike had way better runs than me. my launching/reaction time sucked so hard like .8-1sec where mikes was .4 pretty much all the time..
                            so anyways i had fun for my 1st time out.. just gotta practice and keep at it..

peter IM about those video clips.. i wanna check em out..
                            later dudes
                            lol, my best is a 17.3, and you have 96 more hp then i do... hmmmm. yes, i think you need to stunt more on streets, i would break 16's at least if i was you. low 16 that is.
                            2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                            2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

yea i know i sucked bart.. being a newbie and extra nervous really didn't help nor did the dudes yelling at me and always giving me ****.. but i have it all figured out now.. i just have to baby my car until the start of sept. .then i'm going back

Comment

Working...
                              X