• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RIV List Updated

Originally posted by Freddy View Post
    RIP R32

Hello 135
    Bah Humbug... I say.... stick it to VW and BMW and import a Lexus.
    Rob
    Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
    Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
      Alright I am trying to understand the RIV list and some of the wording can get tricky...

Under the "INADMISSIBLE" heading it reads the following:

"1997 AND 1998 All other models are inadmissible"

Does this mean all 1997 and 1998 along with any model not in the "ADMISSIBLE" column can not be imported to canada?

That is how I would read it...so yes, any 97' or 98' MY would NOT be allowed UNLESS noted in the admissible column.
      Kyle
      2000 Audi S4

Comment

What is it with the R32 that makes it not admissible? Is it the bumpers and crash tests??
        Travis Munroe
        Discover Real Estate

Comment

Originally posted by tm.88 View Post
          What is it with the R32 that makes it not admissible? Is it the bumpers and crash tests??
          I've never done this in the history of this forum but.......use the search. It was flogged to death a month or 2 ago so you should find your answers there.

Actually I think the R32 thing comes up about every 6 months on every Canadian VW site.
          Jay

Comment

135 probably admissible but the dealership will charge you 5k in fees.
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

why not get a us dealer to bring an r32 into canada and do a private sale? technically it'ed be a sale in canada wouldn't it.....

Comment

Its not buying or getting the car thats the issue its getting it insured and registered, there is no legal easy way to get an Alberta plate for an R32.
                Blair
                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Just wait a few months, bumper laws may be relaxed. Until then buy an A3 3.2.

Comment

Working...
                  X