RIV List Updated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIV List Updated

It's confirmed now, the R32 won't be admissible. Apparently neither are 2008 GTIs or GLIs.

http://www.riv.ca/english/US_vehicle_admissibility.pdf

Re: RIV List Updated

I know that they obviously made a typo...but it says only B5 S4's with the "V8" are inadmissable lol! I guess you can bring the "rare" V6 back without any issues haha
    Kyle
    2000 Audi S4

Comment

Well that sucks about the R32, but I guess that was to be expected and probably be good for me not to be tempted.

Interesting that Elise's are not allowed either.
      Blair
      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Is the car its self not allowed in canada? Or you not able to pick it up stright from the dealer then bring it to canada? Becuase i heard some people who know people in the states have them buy it from the dealer, then they buy it off of them, then bring it back? Maybe thats only for some cars.
        sigpic

Comment

If a car is listed as inadmissible on the list it cannot be registered in Canada if purchased from the US. Obviously if you can buy the car here it is ok, but you still cannot bring one up from the US which is odd if we have them.
          Blair
          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

WTF B6 S4s are on that list!!! but no mention of b6 s4 avants muahahaha

Comment

Does not specifically say Sedan so I would assume all S4s.

I wonder if some companies are putting pressure to get cars on the list that are commonly imported, seems very odd that things like 2008 GTIs and GLIs would be banned.
              Blair

Comment

yea last year b6s were NOT on that list.. that really pisses me off.. b6 avant is still going to be the next car but damn prices better get better here

Comment

WTF

I was talking to one of these guys on the phone a few weeks ago. I got the green light for the R32, and now the GTI too W...T....F

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUK
                  Last edited by Speed Cat; 09-29-2007, 01:03 AM.
                  12 VW Golf
                  09 BMW 135i
                  07 MKV GTI
                  03 Jetta GLI
                  01 Jetta GLS
                  90 Jetta GL

Comment

you are all that surprised? wow.
                    Team Highschool
                    Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

communist country!

people are suing other stupid stuff left right and center, why not the government. its my right to drive what the f*ck i want!!!
                      2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                      2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Originally posted by bart View Post
                        communist country!

people are suing other stupid stuff left right and center, why not the government. its my right to drive what the f*ck i want!!!
                        Could not of said it better myself.

RIP R32

Hello 135
                        12 VW Golf
                        09 BMW 135i
                        07 MKV GTI
                        03 Jetta GLI
                        01 Jetta GLS
                        90 Jetta GL

Comment

135s are going to be the top selling car for a long time coming.. i'm going to be sad seeing them smoke me all day long even..

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
                            135s are going to be the top selling car for a long time coming.. i'm going to be sad seeing them smoke me all day long even..
                            Now now Ryan never underestimate the powers of quattro! There is getting to be alot of 11.5 sec full weight (or close too) s4's out there. It'll be quite a while before you see any figures like that from a 135.
                            2002 996TT
                            2011 S5
                            2004 S4 Avant

Comment

Alright I am trying to understand the RIV list and some of the wording can get tricky...

Under the "INADMISSIBLE" heading it reads the following:

"1997 AND 1998 All other models are inadmissible"

Does this mean all 1997 and 1998 along with any model not in the "ADMISSIBLE" column can not be imported to canada?
                              2001.5 Audi S4

Originally posted by James
                              My engine may be a solid 4 liters smaller than yours, but i have a HUGE penis

Comment

Working...
                              X