Rear Alloy Stress Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Alloy Stress Bar

Hey guys, finally got my new suspension in (pics to follow). Dropped approx 1" all around, but still have to let the new struts wear in. A while ago, I purchased a rear alloy stress bar. Has anyone installed one of these in a MK4 TDI Golf? And if so, do you have pics of a good place to position it in the trunk? There weren't really any instructions, so I thought I'd ask.

*Side bar* I went to go replace my brake pads as mentioned in another topic, and found my pads to still have LOTS of life, but my sensor cable sliced in half. I need new rotors anyway tho, so I will just replace it all at once.

Re: Rear Alloy Stress Bar

Personally I don't think rear stress bars are needed in a golf, rear sway is a good move though. I know Simon (Boy racer) had a rear stress bar setup for when he autocrossed. He took the rear seats out and used the seatclamp spots to mount a straight bar. It was pretty slick and removable so you don't loose the functionality of a hatchback.
    You can repair that sensor cable or just cut it and tie the two wires together (on the car side) and wrap in tape.
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Working...
    X