Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a problem with my rear-hatch keylock

2000 Golf.

The key with the FOB goes into the doors OK, the latch will open with the drivers door latch and with the rear handle if it is unlocked, but...

I can't seem to get the key into the keylock, it only goes about 1/5 of the way in. I dont want to firce it, and I have tried lubricating it and stuff to no avail.

I dont think it was vandalism or anything.

Can anyone tell me what might be going on here, and if its happened to anyone else?
    Now: 00 2dr Golf TDI, 03 Jetta Wagon TDI, 02 2500HD Duramax
    Then: 69 SC Transporter, 84 Rabbit GTI, 87 Fox GL, 91 Golf IDI, 96 Passat Wagon TDI, 97 Jetta IDI
    "Everything I save by driving diesel I put back due to poor German engineering and crappy Mexican workmanship!"

Re: Got a problem with my rear-hatch keylock

Tumblers are seized. spray some penetrating lube in the lock and slowly work it free.
    Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
    You dig sucka?!

Comment

ive tried lubing it pretty good, but ill give it another go.

thanks
      Then: 69 SC Transporter, 84 Rabbit GTI, 87 Fox GL, 91 Golf IDI, 96 Passat Wagon TDI, 97 Jetta IDI
      "Everything I save by driving diesel I put back due to poor German engineering and crappy Mexican workmanship!"

Comment

note the difference between lubing and using penetrating spray, a lot different product
        Eric..

Nobody knows everything, but everybody knows something you don't!

Comment

I also had that problem with my rear lock, thing never worked so I disconnected it on the inside that the lock was toast. I even tried taking it apart and fixing it and that didn't even help.
          Name: Brent
          His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
          Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
          Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

nope, penetrating spray hasnt done it yet for me

ive been filling the keyhole, and using air to blow it in, filling it, blowing it in, then filling it and refilling it - 3 days now

Comment

Working...
            X