Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! Looking at trading my Dub for a Dub.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Looking at trading my Dub for a Dub.

YO!

I drive a pretty clean '02 2.0L, 128,000 kms, bought for $13,000 when it had only like 120,000 kms on it, etc. The dealership I work at has an '00 Jetta VR6 that is super clean and has some really nice rims on it. It has 120,000 kms on it, everything power including sunroof except for heated seats. Mine has heated seats, but no sunroof (GLS).

The car seems to drive smooth except for a couple shifts I found it a little sticky .

My boss is looking to give me $11,500 at most for my car and then give me the VR6 for $12,000 I believe so I would pretty much just have him snag the difference off my paycheck.

What about insurance? I pay $210 a month right now. Is driving a VR6 gonna be sh*tty for monthly payments?

What do you all think of this trade? Is there any more details I should give for a valid opinion to be made? My car still has warranty. I'm unsure about this Jetta. Also he thinks he might want me to have my stock air box put back on instead of having my full cold auto tech which I love. Sounds sick, haha. Any opinions, please give. I think I should go for it. I'm not worried it's 2 years older, but I might miss heated seats, but I've always wanted a sunroof. HELP!

Thanks, Keel.
    Keel -- '02 Veedub; Golf 2.SLOW.

Re: HELP! Looking at trading my Dub for a Dub.

Keep your car, and just check out this thread for the sunroof:

http://www.eurodrivers.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=12135
    Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
    hers - '06 A4 S-line Avant
    sigpic

Comment

I'd need to know more about the cars but my initial feeling would be to keep your Golf.
      KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Buy uv23s jetta for 14K - it's in the sale section!
        Geoff
        Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Originally posted by Khyron View Post
          Buy uv23s jetta for 14K - it's in the sale section!
          That's a pretty good idea actually. Yuval has probably taken awesome care of it. And you've already got some pricey and awesome mods under your belt.
          Jay

Comment

i like my vr6 so i am biased.

however if you think it is going ot be a rocket ship... you are mistaken.

if you are willing to drop 2 years, $500 for a sunroof then go for it

Also I know yo are saying it is for the sunroof but I am sure we ALL know it is for the vr6 haha.. I bought my car since I wanted something that was very comfy to drive and i could put some toehr people in it, drive for a couple hours and be comfortable for the trip.. and that is what i got

I do love the look of a golf though :/
            Last edited by MrSector9; 08-24-2007, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X