Tranny noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranny noise

I converted my TDi over to the 1.8 assembly with the lightened flywheel last year and now I am noticing a rattle noise coming from the tranny. (well its been there for 2 months) It is louder when the clutch is out. THe noise goes away when the clutch is pressed in. Now I thought it might be the release bearing but the noise should be the opposite way around....louder when the clutch is put in. I have takin it to VW here in Lethbridge....they are sure I need a new bearing but it doesnt explain the sound. I also took it to a private tranny company here. THey think the release bearing is almost gone but are unsure of the noise. THey both agree that the bearing isnt the sound everyone can hear.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I would like it to go away. Then again I dont want to pay $800 for them to rip it apart and not find anything wrong.

I would love to get it to Calgary to be looked at there. Any recommends? I am thinking if possible it would be a good idea to have the timing belt and water pump done at the same time. They do make a 160k timing belt now for a 2002 dont they?
Working...
X