MkIV Clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MkIV Clutch

As well as my brake pads, my clutch is starting to wear mighty thin.... And this is not something that I would attempt myself... haha. So the question remains. Where to get it done? What kinds of costs am i looking at for a TDI? Any recommendations?

Re: MkIV Clutch

I'd get George to do the work for you and if you want an upgraded clutch order a SPEC otherwise just get an OEM one.

MSRP on a Spec Stage 1 is $400USD and I would guess 10 hours of labour at $80/hour would be around $1200 total.

If you want something that will last longer or for a modified engine with more torque I would go no higher than a Spec 2+
    Last edited by Kor; 08-10-2007, 01:33 PM.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

vr6 oem

Comment

C1 can do a VR6 cluth and autotech lightened fly for around 1K, I believe that's what Simon had and that's what I'll be getting as well. George will be a bit less on the labor I believe, but get your parts first as he stocks OEM.
        Geoff
        Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Dual mass flywheel is good stuff :( Dampens vibrations, keeps out noise and chatter, and reduces the stresses on the drivetrain and rest of the transmission. I've read that diesel engines are more prone to vibrations so on a TDI I would say unless you really feel you need more performance, stick with the stock flywheel and get a decent clutch.
          Last edited by Kor; 08-10-2007, 02:03 PM.
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

You can use the VR6 flywheel but you are going to get more vibration when you first release the clutch. Hit up the TDI club for reviews on that combo.
            Name: Brent
            His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
            Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
            Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

George put my vr6/g60 combo in for $1k all in. cant argue with that but i would be tempted to argue against it for a TDI. remembering what mine was like id be tempted to go OEM to help with the vibration.
              Eric..

Nobody knows everything, but everybody knows something you don't!

Comment

Working...
              X