2.0T GTI/jetta problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.0T GTI/jetta problem

After a good day of Hard Driving(and no engine lights) with all the guys sunday, I started my way home.

When all of a sudden my car bogged for a quick second. I thought maby i hit the brake mith my foot while on the gas. 2 min. later it hapends again, its like for a second the breaks are going on then off again, but im not on the brakes. It has happed 4 times already since then.

Has anyone had this problem, any ideas. Could it of been cause it was 36C and my car was over heating.????
    12 VW Golf
    09 BMW 135i
    07 MKV GTI
    03 Jetta GLI
    01 Jetta GLS
    90 Jetta GL

Re: 2.0T GTI/jetta problem

Nothing that I know from experience
    Although I know that the 1.8T in specific(Im guessing the 2.0T is similar) is very heat sensitive so the heat may be a good possiblity. Try driving it kind of hard and park it and see how long the fan stays on for
    -Drew
    2001 "BORA" GLS 1.8T
    1990 Lincoln Continental

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy View Post
      Has anyone had this problem, any ideas. Could it of been cause it was 36C and my car was over heating.????
      maybe if it was a 1980 tempo... ambient temp in calgary 'only' got to about 31° today. your car should take that in stride. Even in 40°, i can't get my temp needle to move (although the a/c starts becoming a little less effective at that point). Granted it's a different engine, but i'd be surprised if thats all it takes to make it overheat.
      Last edited by stefan; 07-23-2007, 08:12 PM.
      Stefan
      -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
      -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
      -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
      -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Originally posted by stefan View Post
        maybe if it was a 1980 tempo... ambient temp in calgary 'only' got to about 31° today. your car should take that in stride. Even in 40°, i can't get my temp needle to move (although the a/c starts becoming a little less effective at that point). Granted it's a different engine, but i'd be surprised if thats all it takes to make it overheat.
        My Temp gauge was normal, i hope i dident come accross that it was.

My car was reading 36C i was hitting her hard all day.

I just come back from SCFC they vag it, and came up with no faults.

So weird, i think the best eg. of it would be. Driving a auto car 80km, putting it into 1 gear and waiting for the car to reach the right speed before it drops. When it does you get that instant slow down and the car bogs or some thing. Think of that but for only 1 second.

This only happens when the car is under 30km.
        12 VW Golf
        09 BMW 135i
        07 MKV GTI
        03 Jetta GLI
        01 Jetta GLS
        90 Jetta GL

Comment

limp mode sorta, although in my tdi, when i got limp mode, its stayed slow until i restarted the engine. No code is strange too, cause anything that caused the computer to intervene would leave a code, i would think. I dunno, fuel filter would have to be really bad for that... Its not like a screwed up a/c compressor or something is it? if a/c compressor is going, it will give a noticeable slow down of the engine. not enough that it would feel like brakes though. sorry, not much help.
          Stefan
          -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
          -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Is your car chipped? Fuel cut maybe? Coilpack on its way out?
            2012 gti, 2012 mustang.

Comment

is it possibly due to having your a/c on full blast? i know my car's been really sluggish lately with the a/c on full.
              ~Lenny

Nogaro blue!!!

Comment

are you running the proper oil in the engine? 40 weight synthetic most likely

Comment

The no codes part is def. strange. Is your fuel pump making any noise in this heat? Might be ready to pack it in. When I first got my car the dealership filled it with low octane and on WOT she would start bucking and hesitating, but misfire codes would arise. Filled her with premium then the problem was gone. Try that out if your not already using premium. Good luck!
                  2002 996TT
                  2011 S5
                  2004 S4 Avant

Comment

Could be lots of things. Bad fuel? Dirty air filter? Clogged throttle body from dust and humidity? etc etc.

Get a vag com.
                    KR
                    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor View Post
                      Could be lots of things. Bad fuel? Dirty air filter? Clogged throttle body from dust and humidity? etc etc.

Get a vag com.
                      Vag is on the way
                      12 VW Golf
                      09 BMW 135i
                      07 MKV GTI
                      03 Jetta GLI
                      01 Jetta GLS
                      90 Jetta GL

Comment

Make sure you get the can-bus Vag com or it won't work on your car..
                        Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
                        You dig sucka?!

Comment

your car is under warranty why waste time and money?

Comment

cause booking your car in sucks? i've had good service, but just standing in the waiting area is enough to drive me loopy... Listening to a VW service manager explain to some lady that 'sometimes some cars just go through oil, its mysterious." and "you should have someone certified change the lightbulb, you might do it wrong"...
                            Its worth the cost of a vag-com just to avoid the service area environment....
                            Last edited by stefan; 07-25-2007, 08:11 AM.
                            Stefan
                            -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

a vagcom is a very worthwhile investment if you own any VW/Audi car
                              Last edited by R_Ethug; 07-25-2007, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X