Projector to HID?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projector to HID?

can any projector type light be converted to a HID jsut by getting the HID kit or are there otehr consderations to take into account?

Thinking of buying an FK set if its doable?

Cheers
    K..
    Eric..

Nobody knows everything, but everybody knows something you don't!

Re: Projector to HID?

I believe it is a lot safer but still not ideal. One fellow in the club has the FK ones with HID's and it seemed to be ok when I looked at it. I am thinking of getting HID's for my FK's one day. Make sure it is a metal housing for the headlight bulb in the lights before you buy though as the plastic ones can melt.
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

OK thanks for that, ill bear the metal thing in mind when i go to look a them.
      Eric..

Comment

Correct me if im wrong, but I thought their are 2 different kinds of Projector headlights. One of them is designed specifically to use a regular bulb and is not designed to properly dispurse HID light properly.
        Tint sucks

Comment

There are, if you put HID into halogen projector you are going to blind other people.
          Mitesh

Comment

sometimes it's possible to modify the cutoff in the projector so HIDs can be used.
            put.......put.......

.... ... .. .

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
              Make sure it is a metal housing for the headlight bulb in the lights before you buy though as the plastic ones can melt.
              HIDs run cooler than halogen lights though do they not? Or are you just talking in general?
              Graeme

2015 S4
              2018 Monster 1200S

Comment

Originally posted by Triple G View Post
                HIDs run cooler than halogen lights though do they not? Or are you just talking in general?
                Your right, didnt think of that.
                Eric..

Comment

Working...
                X