bringing in a C from Ontario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bringing in a C from Ontario

ordinarily i know there wouldn't be a problem, OOP and i'm good to go.

BUT

this C has a 2.0 16v turbo swap (it was a lysholm'd G60 before)

would this be worth the effort to bring it into the province?
    Tim
    "When you see the tree you’re about to hit, it’s called under steer. When you can only feel and hear it, it’s over steer."

Re: bringing in a C from Ontario

Yea as long as it passes OOP you're fine... Not like we have e-testing or anything
    I'd like to make a statment!
    2012 Q5
    2011 A5

Comment

but it's has a turbo engine swap vs the original g60.
      Tim
      "When you see the tree you’re about to hit, it’s called under steer. When you can only feel and hear it, it’s over steer."

Comment

Jason (Tuna) just brought in a MK2 with a VR6T swap from BC, I don't think he had any issues.
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I believe the engine going in just has too be the same year or newer than the one coming out and have it's emmisions hooked up as well. Or atleast appear to be hooked up. Good luck with the car sounds sweet!
          2002 996TT
          2011 S5
          2004 S4 Avant

Comment

You shouldn't have too many issues, I suppose it depends on how picky the inspector is though.

They will mainly be concerned about the usual things like brakes, all the lights working, horn working, e-brake that sort of thing.

Also things to watch for is steering wheel size (almost got me) as the minimum is 13" diameter (some may not care) and it's not supposed to lowered more than 1.5" (easy one if it has coils).

If you get it inspected somehow before it comes here then that should flush out most of the things that could snag you once it gets here.

Good luck, sounds awesome.
            Last edited by Tuna; 07-20-2007, 11:24 AM.
            Jay

Comment

Thanks for the info.

I'm not so much concerned with the OOP. I know the car is in sound mechanical condition.

What I am concerned about is whether or not insurance will cover it since it has a non-stock engine swap.
              Tim

Comment

Originally posted by zilla View Post
                Thanks for the info.

I'm not so much concerned with the OOP. I know the car is in sound mechanical condition.

What I am concerned about is whether or not insurance will cover it since it has a non-stock engine swap.
                Yes, that can be a challenge.
                Jay

Comment

Don't tell them it has a swap!
                  I'd like to make a statment!
                  2012 Q5
                  2011 A5

Comment

Seriously!! Depending on the year of the car, it will probably come up as a 4 cyl any ways so you wouldn't be lying. As if they know the difference!!
                    Last edited by GINCH; 07-20-2007, 02:33 PM.
                    Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
                    -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                    -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

I have done many out of provinces and honestly if the car looks good, and everything works, then should not be a problem. Front end, Brakes, all lights, horn, seat belts. In terms of the original motor and stuff, most places don't look, and even the steering wheel should not be a big deal in most places. Depends on how the mechanics day is going is dependant on how picky he could be. Stupid I know, but it could be that the car is lowered and a pain to get on the hoist, so he chooses to run exactly with the book.

Good luck with the inspection

Benjamin
                      Ben
                      2016 Ram 3500 Laramie
                      2000 Jetta TDi, Dead and removing parts
                      2005 Passat Wagon TDi, 310,000 km's and counting, BSM delete done....Trans died going to replace
                      Her's
                      2016 Toyota Highlander XLE Pearl White

Comment

airbags is a big thing learned that the hard way.

Comment

i think early C's didn't have airbags. This C also has a momo steering wheel.
                          Tim

Comment

back from the dead as the owner dropped the price even more.

Will this steering wheel/interior give any problems for an OOP?

Tim

Comment

I don't see why it would, everything looks bolted down and safe. It looks like an old car, as long as it is mechanically safe you should have no problems.
                              Name: Brent
                              His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                              Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                              Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Working...
                              X