Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downpipe

Need some help!!!
    I was wondering how much difference a new downpipe for my 1.8T will make. Currently, I am running with the GIAC chip and now want a bit more power.
    I also need to know the best place to get the work done (in Edm if possible) and what I am looking at for cost.

While I am on the topic, is a cold-air intake a good or bad idea for the 1.8T with all the winter driving we are forced to do in this city?

Thanks for your help!!!!

Re: Downpipe

I noticed a big difference with the downpipe, I have a 2.5" brullen with a high flow cat. Its a good investment......Faster spool times
    2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
    2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
    2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Re: Downpipe

A 2.5 inch downpipe would definately help. I have the GHL downpipe mated to my stock cat-back exhaust. The power gains were noticable. I had it installed at Darsh Import (also known as Dubsport) for a very good price. The workmanship was great and I have yet to experience any problems.

As for the cold-air intake, I think they are a waste of money unless you want the loud whoooosh sound. I simply smoothed out my airbox and I replaced the factory filter with an ITG filter (K&N is another option). The gains are minimal either way you do it. The drop-in filter is cheaper and the sound is tasteful...not to mention the fact that your engine bay looks stock...if you like the sleeper look. Just make sure you don't over oil your filter so you dont F up your MAF.
      Tint sucks

Comment

Working...
      X