Northland VW 8K Oil review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northland VW 8K Oil review

Took my car in this afternoon for my 8k change.. well 7980 change :P... anyways i got them to put in the Castrol Syntec 5w40. They gave me the 1/4 litre to add some if I ever have to. I asked about the new coil recall the guy said if I get the letter to bring it in but until then they won't bother cuz my car is running so good. THey didn't say a word about my CAI or my stereo. I mentioned the stereo and he said its fine. I also told him that I would remove it if they wanted to scan codes.
    They didn't wash or vacuum my car either upon my request. So overall it was a very good experience. The service guys and a bunch of customers were asking me stuff about my car and saying it was super nice:thumbsup:

I will go back to them for my next service.

Edit.. I found my rear squeak too.. It was my 60/40 seat back hookys or whatever. They were squeaking over bumps and stuff. They tighted them up and put some teflon oil on them.

Edit2- I also got some more license plate screws> I have no idea why they only give us 2:mrscrewy: but they gave me a bag which had 4 so at the 7th meet if anyone wants to stop that annoying trunk/hatch rattle from it shutting i'll let you have my extra 2
    Last edited by R_Ethug; 07-24-2003, 06:48 PM.

Good to hear.:thumbsup: I'm coming up on 8k too. Hope my experience is just as good.
    Neil
    '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

Can I have dibs on those screws man?
      KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

sure there yours kris.. specially for all the pointers with my stuff heheeh.. oh yea the guys i northland thought it was funny how my hood latch was a zip tie cuz i've yet to fix it plus i refered to it as a ghetto hood latch and they were all busting gut from it..

Comment

Whats wrong with the latch?

On my latch its 3 pieces. There is the handle that you pull, a tiny pin, and a metal clip.

Step 1: Discard clip.

Step 2: Insert huge screwdriver between the forks of the handle.

Step 3: Move pin and handle into position.

Step 4: Remove screwdriver carefully.
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

nah the latch is all good I can't get the damn handle back over the 2 pins.. whenever i get it to the point where it will fit the latch itself moves around causing my work to fail.. maybe i'll try a bigger flatheat or get my brother to hold the latch will i work on it

Comment

Working...
            X