Engine light MKV GTI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine light MKV GTI

Is anyone having a problem with the engine light comming on with the MKV GIT.

I have a New 07 GTI, and i have had the engine light come on at least 8 times in 6 months. Not to mention twice inthe shop for service on the turbo.
    12 VW Golf
    09 BMW 135i
    07 MKV GTI
    03 Jetta GLI
    01 Jetta GLS
    90 Jetta GL

Re: Engine light MKV GTI

Ouch

There is some law in the US (lemon law) that says if your new car has X amount of problems in the 1st Y years of ownership they are supposed to give you a new car.

Not sure if thats true here.

Sounds kinda like what Billip experienced with his A3? Was in the shop a lot IIRC?
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

My A3 was a bit different... had problems with the clutch... but also a couple of check-engine lights as well.

Ask the dealership what codes are being thrown and post it up.
      billip
      2013 Audi RS 5

Comment

Ya my car is a lemon

Ive had 2 coils go already, endless problems with the turbo. The car goes in tomorrow i will post the codes then.
        12 VW Golf
        09 BMW 135i
        07 MKV GTI
        03 Jetta GLI
        01 Jetta GLS
        90 Jetta GL

Comment

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but in Canada there is no such Lemon Law like in the states. Perhaps the dealer will exchange you cars on good faith.

Best of luck.
          Bryce

2002 Jetta 1.8T Baltic Green Tiptronic
          APR 91, Carbonio CAI, Samco TIH, 2.5" Brullen Turbo-back, ABD Lower Intercooler Pipe, Forge 007 DV

Comment

I have had it only happen to me once, cyl 3 and 4 missfired, but I was up in Ft. McMurray and it was like -40 outside and the TSFI doesn't like reely cold weather from what I have read about it.

I have my own vag tool and cleared the codes myself, hasn't happened again.

I know they are a little expensive but owning your own or knowing someone who does have a vag tool can be very worth while. Saved me a couple trips to the dealer already, as well as helped them diagnose because they are too lazy to do it themselfs. I believe its about 90 bucks if you want them to just scan the vehicle (out of warranty of course). So it can add up.

Comment

Had the car in tonight at south center, The engine light is now a boost problem(i will have the codes on Thursday to post) How shocking!!

I have to bring it back in two days since they have to check it out with VW head office.

Im going to start a new topic in a few weeks with the list of problems i have had. You guys will be shocked.

Tromping_Maniac Perhaps the dealer will exchange you cars on good faith.

The only thing the dealer is giving me is a hard time.
              12 VW Golf
              09 BMW 135i
              07 MKV GTI
              03 Jetta GLI
              01 Jetta GLS
              90 Jetta GL

Comment

well obviously you should not own a VW, one of the benefits of owning a VW is having to look at pretty lights flashing at you on the dash.

When I was complaining about the problems about my VW, I was told "should have bought a honda" by a newveedub aka eurodriver member
                put.......put.......

.... ... .. .

Comment

Originally posted by Satnam View Post
                  well obviously you should not own a VW, one of the benefits of owning a VW is having to look at pretty lights flashing at you on the dash.

When I was complaining about the problems about my VW, I was told "should have bought a honda" by a newveedub aka eurodriver member
                  That attitude doesn't apply to a brand new VW
                  I'd like to make a statment!
                  2012 Q5
                  2011 A5

Comment

LOL My GTI has less than 20 000km
                    12 VW Golf
                    09 BMW 135i
                    07 MKV GTI
                    03 Jetta GLI
                    01 Jetta GLS
                    90 Jetta GL

Comment

Well after hanging out at Vw till 10pm we now have a BOOST problem.

my GTI is powerless.

"This is getting better by the second"
                      12 VW Golf
                      09 BMW 135i
                      07 MKV GTI
                      03 Jetta GLI
                      01 Jetta GLS
                      90 Jetta GL

Comment

Freddy,
                        Have had the same check engine light on in mine as well, first the fuel cap light comes on and then drive a bit further and the check engine light comes on. Then when it feels it has told me enough it shuts off for a day or so and the process starts again. Good luck. Also '07 GTI.
                        CT
                        07 MKV GTI
                        AS350, AS355NP, EC30

Comment

Ya South center Reprogramed my car in hope to solve the problem, and it was looking very good.

But im very sad to say, tonight it F#$Ken came on again.

I think the only way to fix this problem is a good fire.

Does anyone have any ideas on What the hell could be going on???

All i know is its a boost problem From the boys at South Center.
                          12 VW Golf
                          09 BMW 135i
                          07 MKV GTI
                          03 Jetta GLI
                          01 Jetta GLS
                          90 Jetta GL

Comment

Cheap Tuesdays,
                            Had that problem too, with the engine cap light followed by the CE light on my '07 GLI. Its pretty picky, so you have to turn the fuel cap shut till it clicks like 8 times. Haven't had the problem, or any other since.
                            Last edited by Road Runner; 06-23-2007, 11:17 AM.
                            Road Runner
                            Le Mans Blue BMW 135i- M sport Package

Comment

Working...
                            X