Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone running type-r component in there jetta?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone running type-r component in there jetta?

I was wondering if anyone has Alpine type-r component speakers in their car..im have trouble fitting my tweeters in the front doors, they seem to be to deep. So if you are running them and/or have a solution to fit them in the stock tweeter postion, plz let me know,

thanks,
    -James
    James
    mk4 wagon

Re: Anyone running type-r component in there jetta?

I am running those. I ended up cutting the mesh and mounting them outside the pod. Pic is in this post:
    http://www.eurodrivers.ca/forums/sho...45&postcount=6

I couldn't see a simple way of removing the grilles, but I wasn't in my own shop either so I was kinda rushed. I think someone else said they fit in theirs.
    Jeff
    Current: 2017 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line
    Previous: 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line, 2001 VW Jetta

Comment

hmm, ya that one way of doing it. Ya i theg uy installing them for me, said he tried his hardest to make them fit behide the mesh but they did sit right.

So my idea is just to cut that whole mesh thing out, put the tweeter in, and put a black fabric stretched over top, to replace the mesh. Im still not sure if im going to do that, but i want to see if anyone else has any other ideas. I am open to them.

thanks for the quick reply man,

-James
      James
      mk4 wagon

Comment

"hmm, ya that one way of doing it. Ya i theg uy installing them for me, said he tried his hardest to make them fit behide the mesh but they did sit right."

--Its like you were drunk when you wrote that. ^

--And magically sober in minutes when you wrothe this.

?So my idea is just to cut that whole mesh thing out, put the tweeter in, and put a black fabric stretched over top, to replace the mesh. Im still not sure if im going to do that, but i want to see if anyone else has any other ideas. I am open to them."

Comment

I have the type R components installed. I used speaker pods t/o. Cost me $50 extra but they fit much better. The only thing I have to say is if you go the speaker pod route....they 6.5s magnet pushes them up in the air a little. They dont sit flush. Stupid casings are too deep.

Comment

I'd just return them
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor View Post
              I'd just return them
              Ditto. Go MB quarts, mine sound fantastic and no issues of making them fit!
              When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Comment

Gonzo. You got speaker pods, and placed them in the stock places? or in totally differnt places?

As for returning them. That was one thing the installer said i could, but i dont really want to do that, i would rather just cut that mesh crap out and do the whole fabric thing. I could always fibre glass them, later on in life.
                James
                mk4 wagon

Comment

You can remove the meash quite easily, there are just folded in tabs that hold it in place on the inside of the plastic.
                  Name: Brent
                  His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                  Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                  Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Well i tried lots of things, no go. So im jsut going to buy some type-x component, which have a shallower tweeter then the type-r's(for some odd reason).

So if anyone wants to buy a some type-r component let me know i have a pair for sale now.

thanks for all the help guys!

-James
                    Last edited by blackradon; 06-02-2007, 02:10 PM.
                    James
                    mk4 wagon

Comment

I have kick panel pods. I left all the stock stuff alone except the head unit. If I sell my car it will take no more then 20 mins to rip everything out. The new head unit would go with the car and run the old stock speakers.

Comment

ah i seee, workin out pretty good for you then eh.

Ya like i said on my other post, im just going to go with the type-X's. more money, but thats the looks i want, so.

You gotta pay, to play!

-james
                        James
                        mk4 wagon

Comment

Working...
                        X