Random Beeping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Beeping?

Today from driving home my car started beepng(the beeping you get when your gas light come on on you left your e-brake on)
    All my waring lights started flashing (mainly my e-brake one) then it quit then it started again then it quit... then it started again then it quit.
    Does anyone know what may be wrong?
    The car was still driving fine and everything except for the beeping and the flashing lights.
    Thanks for the help
    -Drew
    2001 "BORA" GLS 1.8T
    1990 Lincoln Continental

Re: Random Beeping?

ebrake switch not releasing is my best guess... cause thats what happens if you drive away with ebrake on.

"Three things can turn it on; 1) brake handle not fully released (or the switch damaged), 2) brake fluid level low (or sensor damaged), 3) Major ABS fault (ABS light will be on as well)."
    Last edited by stefan; 05-28-2007, 04:00 PM.
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

No, my ebrake was completly off.Or are you meaning the switch that tells you if its on or off.
      Although I dont think any of those are it because all my lights where my speedometer is lit up. Not just one light the whole time
      -Drew
      2001 "BORA" GLS 1.8T
      1990 Lincoln Continental

Comment

all the lights... missed that part. hmm, not to sure then. I've had old cars that do that when the alternator craps out.
        Last edited by stefan; 05-28-2007, 07:47 PM.
        Stefan
        -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
        -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
        -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Might be a bad ground or a faulty cluster, although I have not heard many knock out. I would do a vag com scan first, try and find something, if nothing, move to the grounds. VW's are known to cause a commotion when the grounds go bad.

Benjamin
          Ben
          2016 Ram 3500 Laramie
          2000 Jetta TDi, Dead and removing parts
          2005 Passat Wagon TDi, 310,000 km's and counting, BSM delete done....Trans died going to replace
          Her's
          2016 Toyota Highlander XLE Pearl White

Comment

turn off the AC.... my car did that (when AC was turned on), they said it was a loose connection at the fuse panel
            put.......put.......

.... ... .. .

Comment

Originally posted by stefan View Post
              ebrake switch not releasing is my best guess... cause thats what happens if you drive away with ebrake on.

"Three things can turn it on; 1) brake handle not fully released (or the switch damaged), 2) brake fluid level low (or sensor damaged), 3) Major ABS fault (ABS light will be on as well)."
              THESE ARE ALL POSSIBLE CAUSES, ALSO IF THE ABS CONTROL MODULE IS ACTING UP IT CAN CAUSE COMMUNICATION BLOCKS TO THE INST CLUSTER. ALSO THE LOWER THE BRAKES GET THE LOWER YOUR BRAKE FLUID LEVEL WILL GET, THIS IS WHERE I'D START.
              1) 2007 Candy white MKV GTI. DSG, votex kit, 19" Privat netz, tinted tails, smoked side markers & mirror signals, 20% tint, TT stubby, APR sport 3" turbo back exhaust, ABD stage 2 cold air intake. GONE.
              2) 1993 Green Corrado VR6. ABD intake. FK Silverline coils, Zimmerman cross drilled & slotted rotors. GONE.

Comment

ignition switch?

mine was doing the same thing and it just died...was the switch
                Team Highschool
                Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Thanks for the help
                  Ill probly end up taking her to south centre here pretty quick.
                  My airbag light has been on for a while to.
                  Would this have anything to do with it?
                  -Drew
                  2001 "BORA" GLS 1.8T
                  1990 Lincoln Continental

Comment

Prolly Not
                    1) 2007 Candy white MKV GTI. DSG, votex kit, 19" Privat netz, tinted tails, smoked side markers & mirror signals, 20% tint, TT stubby, APR sport 3" turbo back exhaust, ABD stage 2 cold air intake. GONE.
                    2) 1993 Green Corrado VR6. ABD intake. FK Silverline coils, Zimmerman cross drilled & slotted rotors. GONE.

Comment

Working...
                    X