Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

multi function steering wheel+aftermarket deck=confused.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multi function steering wheel+aftermarket deck=confused.

I have a bit of a problem. i have a new CD3000 eclipse deck(not a cd3100), and i want be able to use my steering wheel to control some of the functions(volume and track selection) does anyones know how i would be able to hook it so i could do this? The guys who will be installing it said i would have to run two different interfaces to be able to use the stock wheel function...

So if anyone could give me anyother info on doing this, it would help out a whole bunch. OH and the car is a 03 jetta.

thanks,
    -James
    James
    mk4 wagon

Re: multi function steering wheel+aftermarket deck=confused.

If your CD3000 comes with a remote, then you can wire the remote into the switches on your MF steering wheel. Basically its as easy as soldering wires onto the remote board and connecting them to the proper wires on the wheel. This would be a DIY mod. You would have to put the remote somewhere where the IR signal would reach the deck.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Also VW Vortex tells me that a company called PAC-Audio makes a controller that will help you.

Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_pP7Puoq0U

http://aampofamerica.com/
      KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Hmm, well there are two wires, black/brown and a brown wire that are just for the steering wheel or so it says on the wire legend on the deck itself.So maybe its just those to wires to connect to the wheel?, i hate wiring!!

The deck doesnt come with a remote, i would have to get one from eclipse.

-james

Wow thats pretty wicked, good find thnx mang!
        Last edited by blackradon; 05-18-2007, 09:51 AM.
        James
        mk4 wagon

Comment

No you can't just wire the deck to the wheel with two wires on a VW, as far as I know. You will need an adaptor or controller.
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

alright wicked, ya PAC-Audio sells Steering Wheel Interface that works for eclipse decks. Once again, thanks for the quickness and all that info!

big help kris.

-James
            James
            mk4 wagon

Comment

You should call PAC to make sure its compatible with your car unless your car is listed as compatible!!!

Also those AAMP guys definitely sell one :

http://aampofamerica.com/web/press/p...ral.asp?ID=118
              Last edited by Kor; 05-18-2007, 10:17 AM.
              KR
              Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

The controls on the steering wheel are more then likely CAN based so yes you will need some type of interface controller to use them.
                Name: Brent
                His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

yea you need that PAC module kris mentiond.. it works

Comment

hmm, well the guys who will be installing all my audio, said that it doesnt work for my year of car. but i think the AAMP would work, ill have to do some more researching..

thanks for al the help guys!

-james
                    James
                    mk4 wagon

Comment

Prior to 02 is different than > 02 (newer is canbus). I looked into it for my 02 jetta and I'd need 2 different PAC modules under the dash - over 200 bucks just for the volume/next/prev track buttons.

Older ones have a single module available that is pretty cheap and simple apparently.
                      Geoff
                      Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

AAMP one sez 2002-2007 Volkswagen EOS, Golf, GTI, Jetta, Passat, Rabbit, and Toureg. Includes "PESWIECL for Eclipse radios". $100 and they got youtube videos showing it working, how can you go wrong.
                        KR
                        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Yep looks like that one was just released - pretty cool!!
                          Geoff
                          Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Working...
                          X